Adding damage to unit through triggers

Kangaxx

Reaction score
Is it possible to add damage to units through triggers? It only includes base damage and +green damage.
(Meaning that dealing the damage seperately doesn't count).

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Nope. But you can both give the unit an ability and increase the level of it via triggers (an invisible, passive ability granting bonus damage!) :)

Kangaxx

Reaction score
Nope. But you can both give the unit an ability and increase the level of it via triggers (an invisible, passive ability granting bonus damage!) :)

Is it possible to make the ability scale itself? The item is supposed to increase damage dealt based on maximum mana.

Necrach

Reaction score
Well, have a great range of levels on your ability, and have a periodic event running every second using a math formula to set the bonus damage (level of the ability) compared to your maximum mana.

For example, if every level of the ability give +1 damage, and every 5 max mana should give damage, have the periodic event set the level of that ability to maximum mana of the unit divided by 5.

Kangaxx

Reaction score
Well, have a great range of levels on your ability, and have a periodic event running every second using a math formula to set the bonus damage (level of the ability) compared to your maximum mana.

For example, if every level of the ability give +1 damage, and every 5 max mana should give damage, have the periodic event set the level of that ability to maximum mana of the unit divided by 5.

It means i have to make tons of copies of the same ability? :p

Necrach

Reaction score
Umm. It seems that if i add a lot of levels for the ability, it lags when calculating.

A shame. Didn't have time to test it, although I suspected this might happen. Might be a smoother solution but I have no more suggestions for now :(

There is not so many things that can change your maximum mana. Maybe calculate this every time a hero acquires/loses an item, or gains a level, instead of a periodic trigger checking all the time?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if i remember correctly "Status" of Jesus4Lyf can modify a units damage. you can either use his library (gives some other possibilities as well like adding max health / mana and similar things) or you can have a look how he did it and make an equivalent GUI trigger.

Bankde

Reaction score
Umm. It seems that if i add a lot of levels for the ability, it lags when calculating.

That's mean he still need to set Level of Ability or Add it to the unit for damage.

I don't think it will cause lag as many games have done it.

Accname is correct, use Jesus4Lyf if you use VJassNewgen. If not, create your own.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.