Adding MAX Life/Mana to a Hero

Soulshadow

Reaction score
In my map, Strength/Intelligence are replaced by Body/Mind. Strength only increases damage and Mind only increases mana regen. Health/Mana is solely from leveling up. I'm trying to find a trigger to add permanent HP/Mana.

Nerfpl

Reaction score
you can level up "hidden" ability "hp bonus" "mana bonus" which comes at items. make it hero with alot levels

eXirrah

Reaction score
There are some item abilities that increace the health and mana permanentlly. The ability that increace permanently health is used by Manual of healt and you need to find which item is giving you permanent mana bonus. When you do just check which abilities the items use and use this abilities to increace the unit's mana and health.

All the complicated systems you may find on the net use these abilities and makes it look like it's some very complex JASS coding or something, but it isn't.

Just make custom ability of the abilities that the items use and set it's levels to the values you want. When your hero lvl up just add and remove the ability to that hero and his HP and MP will increace permanently.

Adding and removing the ability is like your hero consumed Manual of Health.

Soulshadow

Reaction score
While all perfect solutions to a linear health increase, this does not solve my problem.
For instance, one class gains [10 + (1 thru 6)*(Level)] HP per advancement.

I.E.
A starting character has 50 hp.
Said class gains a level, and has a chance to get anywhere from 61-66 HP.
However, when raising to level two, said class will have anywhere from 73-88 HP.

EDIT: I'd also REALLY rather refrain from spending the next 6 hours making over 1000 levels of a Mana AND Health ability. :p

Nerfpl

Reaction score
why? "set level of ability to (your formula here)

make such ability have as many levels as much hp you need (like 5k)

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
If you are only using one hero per player, use upgrades that will research automatically with each level.

If you are using more then one per player, then have individual upgrades for each unit, that will upgrade when that unit levels.

istar

Reaction score
EDIT: I'd also REALLY rather refrain from spending the next 6 hours making over 1000 levels of a Mana AND Health ability
you dont have to
just +1,+10,+100, -1,-10,-100, etc
we use a base-10 number system for a reason...-.-

Nerfpl

Reaction score
EDIT: I'd also REALLY rather refrain from spending the next 6 hours making over 1000 levels of a Mana AND Health ability. :p

autofill ftw

base value 1, constant factor 1. it give you precise bonus which you need. like level 250 = +250hp 1000=1000 etc.

abilites like that are nothing bad i belive. unlest you type 99999 levels like i did and my PC freezed forever

just such ability have to be preloaded at map init to some unit (then removed whatever)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.