Adjusting Stampede unit's size

Roku

Reaction score
So basically i have a unit (let's call him 'Boss') controlled by the computer casting Stampede via triggers. All works fine. The thing is this unit of mine (Boss) has its size adjusted in the object editor to a scaling value of 2. And the problem with this is when he casts Stampede, then the kodos incoming are HUGE. I mean 2-3x bigger than a normal hero, and this is what i want to fix, i want them to be as in the unedited warcraft maps. It would be important to me that Boss would be channeling, as if he is casting them for 10 seconds, and that's why i am not using a dummy. All help appreciated, +reputation awarded :p

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
you can still arrange this via triggers, you just need two of them.
1st. to set the variables, create the dummy unit and have the dummy cast stampede
2nd. when the event "a unt stops casting an ability" occurs, to order the dummy unit to stop as well.

that sounds like a funny problem though :p ;)

Roku

Reaction score
Nop, it isn't working, i have had several problems before with dummy units actually channeling abilities. They just don't do it. Isn't there any other solution?

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
I've had plenty of annoying problems like this occur with my own spell triggers so I feel your pain... It should work...... Can you post your code for us?

Im 99% sure that you can't adjust the special effects... dummy casting is the only way.

Weebl

Reaction score
Just import this file and use it instead of the regular stampede missile model. It's the exact same thing but scaled down, so it balances out.

Attachments

• StampedeMissile.mdx
    37.7 KB · Views: 133

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
You can use the dummy and have the hero channel.

Use Tornado, that's a channeling summon. Just cast it, order the spawned dummy to do stuff, voila! Your hero is channeling and Stampede is happening too; no one is the wiser. If you stop channeling, Tornado will kill the dummy and Stampede will stop.

Roku

Reaction score
Big thanks for everyone who took the time to post. Replacing the model is working quite good :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.