AI paving issue

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hello, I posted this last night but the description was well off and probably made no sense whatsoever. But my problem hasn't been fixed, even tho I tried all night and most of today.

Please see the attached picture (angelfire sucks)

The block on the right side of the hero is a UNIT. that's pushed around by the hero to solve puzzles etc.

The large white line is the path the hero SHOULD follow, the red X indicates he cannot pass that way. But he'll stand there doing nothing even after multiple clicks. That block(unit) is in the way there is noway for him to pass, but no matter what the hero will stand there ignoring the only route available. Which means the player has to click multiple times to get the hero to go the right way around.

I've tried making both the hero and blocks paving collision size to 1024 and still doesn't work.
I've tried changing the blocks (Stats - Is a Building) to True with Pathing Texture - Forgotton one(This is the perfect size) But the block won't move :(
I've even tried creating a custom pathing blocker(Forgotton one Paving again) everytime the block moves to a new region, and deleted the last one made as it leaves the last region. But this way only slowed down an allready slowish game far too much.

As allways any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

I've uploaded another picture, this shows how the game looks in world editor. The regions represent a 2 dimensional array X0Y0 to X14Y14 it is impossible for my hero to cross them regions diagonally. He can only go Up, Down, Left or Right. Hope this helps clear things up?

Also level 1 has been uploaded. For first hand buggy annoyingness.

IAmSoDoomed

Reaction score
dude erm, there's no pic...so all that explaination about lines and blocks and whatsoever doesn't do any good.

you could use Boundary (Terrain Editor) to guid a strait way

but honestly no idea what you want since I can see lol..

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmmm not quite sure why Angelfires bein assey about a picture. Anyway i've attached the picture.

And thanks for your reply, but boundry won't work :(

IAmSoDoomed

Reaction score
did I get that right, you problem is that you have to klick your way through there instead of just having your hero walk with one klick oO?

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Aye

Edit: May seem pety, but belive me it's annoying as ****

Edit2: Also if I just let it be (I could do since the map works fine anyway) wouldn't say much about my map making.

IAmSoDoomed

Reaction score
then just create Regions at the corners and make a unit enters Region event
then order the unit to walk to the next one and so on.

Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Rect 000 <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Rect 001 <gen>)

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
then just create Regions at the corners and make a unit enters Region event
then order the unit to walk to the next one and so on.

Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Rect 000 <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Rect 001 <gen>)

Hey thanks again for your reply. But that just won't work. I think your looking at the picture wrong? The huge white line is the path the hero SHOULD take, he cannot pass the red X. See Updated first post :)

IAmSoDoomed

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't really get the problem with that white line way.
and on the second screenie can you destroy those small rocks?

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't really get the problem with that white line way.
and on the second screenie can you destroy those small rocks?

NO, these rocks represent (Block Stoppers) the hero can walk on these, but the block cannot be pushed onto them (for puzzling purposes)

The red laser beems represent (Barriers) the hero cannot pass through these but pushing a block onto it destroys them (For puzzling purposes)

I've uploaded the first level, if you really think you can solve my problem feal free to try it :)

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I understand what you mean. You want him to take the long way, but he refuses to do so?

Very strange..

Maybe a trigger so that when the block unit is in that region, it creates a pathing blocker in that spot? Then when the block unit leaves, the pathing blocker is destroyed.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I understand what you mean. You want him to take the long way, but he refuses to do so?

Very strange..

Maybe a trigger so that when the block unit is in that region, it creates a pathing blockersin that spot? Then when the block unit leaves, the pathing blocker is destroyed.

Hey thanks for your reply, but ive tried this as my first post explains :)

I've even tried creating a custom pathing blocker(Forgotton one Paving again) everytime the block moves to a new region, and deleted the last one made as it leaves the last region. But this way only slowed down an allready slowish game far too much.

I actually got that working, but it made the game totally boring with all the long waits.

IAmSoDoomed

Reaction score
okay now I get what you mean, erm well I don't really think there is a real way besides rescripting the AI or maybe asking Blizzard harhar, it's just a plain, stupid AI sometimes...

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If there was only someway I could get the block to move with

Stats - Is a Building = True (Paving Forgotton One)

IAmSoDoomed

Reaction score
why don't you just klick your way through there ^^?
Aint that a part of WC3....all those klicks lol
aaand before you try to do things like that unimportand, actually it kinda is a bit, you should rather finish your project instead, right? ^^

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
why don't you just klick your way through there ^^?
Aint that a part of WC3....all those klicks lol
aaand before you try to do things like that unimportand, actually it kinda is a bit, you should rather finish your project instead, right? ^^

Hmmm. This is level 1 of probably around 50 levels, each level will have a new map. There's noway on this planet earth i'm going to create all 50 levels and then have to recode all 50.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It's an inconvenience I don't want in MY map. And after 10 - 15 minutes of having to click your way around everywhere your going to close the map and give bad feedback. The maps slow enough as it is, this "Bug" just makes things slower and very annoying. And I will not have it in my map, even if it takes me all year to figure it out.

IAmSoDoomed

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this will work, but I noticed that the unit is walking into, like a corner of the cube, so you could use a Order action with PolarOffset.
might work but would be extremly s**y to make lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.