Always Connected

wizaerd

Reaction score
I've read elsewhere that you must have an active internet conenction to play the single player... Whereas prior I had read that you only needed to be online for activation, but could play the SP campaign and even skirmishes against the CPU offline?

So which is it?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You can play offline (campaign, "challenges" and vs. AI) as a guest which means you don't get achievements.

wizaerd

Reaction score
In this online mode, if I'm playing the campaign or even a skirmish against the CPU, and for whatever reason the internet connection is lost, what happens? Am I booted out of the game? I boycotted Ubisoft and Settlers 7 for this always connected crap, and I was fervently hoping Blizzard wouldn;t be doing the same thing for SC2...

I don;t care about achievements, and I'll never play a multiplayer match, so always having to be connected kinda sucks... I suppose the guest thing works ok, but seems a kludgy way to enjoy my single player experience I just shelled out $60 for...

DarkRevenant

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If your connection dies in the middle of a single-player game, it will probably notify you. The gameplay will keep going, but you won't be able to get achievements for that mission.

You only ever need to validate your copy once, btw.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
it comes up with some bigass login screen that covers your game - got owned in one of the campaign missions thanks to this

very annoying, blizzard fail yet again

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.