Animation Pausing

warpo

Reaction score
:nuts:

Ok I've tried this a few times and I can't get it to work. The model I am working with is Malfurion. I need his DEATH animation paused at the point where he is down on one knee and holding himself up with his one hand. I've tried to time this with the wait action but it doesn't work. Here is part of the trigger I have. But the issue is his entire death animation plays, then it pauses him in a weird looking stance where he is standing up straight and not moving at all. Am I missing a trigger or something?? I've also tried changing my wait time after the animation trigger but I still get the same response.

HTML:
Actions
    Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
    Cinematic - Fade out over 0.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
    Environment - Set sky to Lordaeron Winter Sky (Red)
    Game - Set the time of day to 20.00
    Game - Set time of day speed to 0.00% of the default speed
    Camera - Apply Crappy Start Cam <gen> for Player 4 (Purple) over 0.00 seconds
    Animation - Play Havenfell's Death animation
    Wait 1.75 seconds
    Animation - Change Havenfell's animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
    Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: I....  I failed.  I...

There are other actions after this but that doesn't concern this issue. Any clues anyone??

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Animation - Change Havenfell's animation speed to 0.01% of its original speed

Try that. Thats what I would try. Probably won't work but its worth a try.:D

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I've been working for about a week on a hero who just happens to be called the 'time mage'.

I'm not sure if itll work in your situation but yeh..
Set the animation speed to 0 then puase the unit.

warpo

Reaction score
I tried that, setting the animation speed to 0 then pausing, but I seem to get the same results. either he stands up straight and doesn't move, or I get the tail end of the snaimation where he already dissapeared and its just his clothing ( actually looks kinda funny) I've tried messing with the wait times but it doesn't work.... Crappers......

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Wait is not accurate enough for this task. You need to use a timer to be able to pause the unit at exactly 1.75 sec into the animation.

warpo

Reaction score
Hmmmm... could you elaborate on that. You mean I have to build a timer with variables just to do this??? If so, I got the timer building part down, but incorporating the trigger properly?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
The reason I did not elaborate was that I have never worked with timers in GUI, only in JASS. I'm sorry I could not be more helpful...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.