Anyone know a Trigger for this?

vexoh

Reaction score
I wanted a certain unit (Reaper) to appear at the location of a hero's death and do a spell(taking the hero's soul/summon skeleon/any animation of that type) and then disappear but im not sure how to set the trigger...
but i want him to not just appear but teleport(not archmages teleport) or look as if he has ran (cant order him to move to the location of the dying hero because max speed is 522 and it wont be fast enough.)
Any help is much appreciated,
Vex.

vexoh

Reaction score
Oh and also is it possible to make a flying unit (dragon, phoenix, Hawk) fly higher than they normally do?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> is it possible to make a flying unit
Uh, yes. You just need to... set the flying height to a larger value. Not sure if I'm helping at all but that's all there is to it.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Choose your unit in the Object Editor, look for the field Movement - Height, and increase its value.

Or use the trigger action Animation - Change Unit Flying Height.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
Theres is no easy solution for this, as the speed can not and never be set above 522 or below 1 (exceptions: setting 0 in the object editor will remove the ability to move entirely, and hacking the game you can also set units movement speed to 0). Funnily, not even setting the constants IN the process memory was able to overpass this 522-movementspeed border (though it worked for the 1-border for some reason), so i guess there is no legit way to do this.

What people like to do is making a trigger that uses the jass functions SetUnitX and SetUnitY to do some kind of "sliding". You might find some system using google or the sufu, but for one single unit, it would mostlikely be easier to make a periodic trigger (maybe every 0.1 or 0.05 seconds) moving the unit closer to its target. Good thing about SetUnitX is that it doesnt interrupt the order and animation of the unit.

(Also you might consider doing something like what happens in Guild Wars when a player is banned, looks awsome imao)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.