WIP Archer Wars: Legacy

runewel

Reaction score
This Map's gameplay is really nice. I've been searching many many many sites for a PvP-only-Save/Load game. Can you tell me what Genre is this map?

Thanks.

PS: I LOVE THIS GAME. I'm ranked Goddess. :D!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Played this on a lan, was some fun for me : D
They claimed I was cheating some time :DD

Note the following:
If you don't find the place where everyone else is fighting right at the beginning, you will be level 1 when they already have that scattershot thingie.
= Instant death for you, no chance to go on.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Nah, I can play a mean sniper and own a lvl 20 at 9. In this game it doesn't matter what level you are, all that matters is your skill.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Nah, I can play a mean sniper and own a lvl 20 at 9. In this game it doesn't matter what level you are, all that matters is your skill.

Read my post again. I clearly stated that you cannot win if you are level 1, because your enemies do have two shoot skills and the multi shot skill.

Once you reach level 3, it is possible indeed.
Also, for playing a sniper you need to have played a couple of times. Playes might not even go that far when they have the level one problem for some time...

Renendaru

Reaction score
What were they doing when this bug appeared?

Also, we set a deadline for I believe April 31st to get Archer Wars 1.1 out.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Notices
Welcome back, cleeezzz, we almost started to miss you.

mmmm. Hi haha

ok well, im getting a little bit motivated now, and yes im trying to release a new version by April 30th just to fix some stuff

Things to do:
Recipe System (Like dota, combine with full inventory, stuff like that)
Fix Sniper Lag
Fix Building Placement Issues
New Terrain (Smaller Map due to numerous comments about too much running around)
Misc Balances
POSSIBLY a new hero, dont know if i have time though
Possibly new items, same as above

and yes serra how did that bug come about? replay?

(Also, as a solution to the lvl 1 problem, i have added a compensation feature, if someone kills you and their hero level is greater than yours, then it takes the difference in hero level * 100 in exp, i havent really tested how balanced this is yet)
ex: lvl 5 kills lvl 2, 5-2 = 3, 3 * 100 = 300 compensation EXP

You guys know any other map that has the same gameplay as this?
Save/Load Pvp?
not that i know of, i know similar gameplay, no save/load features though, those would be Archers, Archery Tatics and others..

Can you tell me what Genre is this map?
under the general categories, its under "Other," doesn't help much does it?

and thanks for your comments everyone

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
hey cleeezzz just wanted to compliment you on your map. i played it awhile ago and still play it at times (got the demolitionist) but i havnt really commented before so i just wanted to tell you how awesome it is. like awhile ago my friends were playing archers so they invited me along, and man it sucked so bad compared to yours. keep up the good work and cant wait for the new release :thup:

oh btw, if i have a code in the current version is it still usable in newer versions, or do you gotta start over every update?

Renendaru

Reaction score
There should be no code-wipes, since the actual system has not been changed.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
any code from Archer Wars: Legacy 1.0 and on will work with future versions, no plans on changing it. (Now Archer Wars 2.2b is a different story, that got code wiped when it went to Legacy) Anyone who was playing 2.2b have a screen shot of their stats and i would be glad to transfer it.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
During the building of my base, the two players killed my mate (who instantly left) and then waited directly behind me.
After having a 5-15 (two versus one... imba!) I left.

I have no replay, as sorry as I am : (

For the recipes: I'ld make recipes units that will give you the gold back if you don't have the correct items.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
> During the building of my base, the two players killed my mate (who instantly left) and then waited directly behind me.
After having a 5-15 (two versus one... imba!) I left.

Dont believe thats possible

check your maps folder and check the size of the map

if its not 1331.4 Kb or 1.33 Mb then you're playing a hacked version, i have seen the hacked version and it has problems with the arrow system

(Please reply telling me its hacked XD, cuz i seriously have no idea how that could happen if it was the one i released)

oh btw, i found a hacked one on epicwar. and as smart as those hackers were, they left a trigger to activate based on string checks to verify PLAYER NAMES. haha they left their signature on their hacks.

Devrak

Reaction score
I like this map alot, it's really entertaining.

Just a little comment though. There are lots of different heroes, but they all look the same! :O I know it's called Archer Wars, so I guess it should be archers only, but there are atleast 2 more archers skins (The NE and undead) that could be used to add some variation.

Epicgamers

Reaction score
Dude at that video, you don't have too show the Same Skill for every Hero.

Anyways apart from that Nice Map =]
Im not a fan of sniper-maps but greatly done.
Might even try it ^^

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>Did you know a hell lot of people hosts this on battle net GJ

haha i see them occasionally, i sometimes check mapgnome.org

Azeroth (1 day): 8
Azeroth (7 days): 273
Lordaeron (1 day): 47
Lordaeron (7 days): 307
Northrend (1 day): 11
Northrend (7 days): 647

>Just a little comment though. There are lots of different heroes, but they all look the same! :O I know it's called Archer Wars, so I guess it should be archers only, but there are atleast 2 more archers skins (The NE and undead) that could be used to add some variation.

i thought about it, but i didn't have 6 skins and i didn't want to use custom skins. (and it looks weird to have 3 of them undead and 3 of them regular)

>Dude at that video, you don't have too show the Same Skill for every Hero.

just making sure people know some skills are shared

>Anyways apart from that Nice Map =]
Im not a fan of sniper-maps but greatly done.
Might even try it ^^

thanks

Update on delay: Still waiting on terrain to be finished and item system

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
heh cant wait for the update :)
started playing again on my new accnt. ddidnt play it earlier cuz i was upset i lost my demolitionist (100 kills) and had to start over. im at like 20 kills now :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.