WIP Archer Wars: Legacy

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>Nice idea,do allied archer's arrows get effected by that skill too?
yes

>it's just like a normal arrow,which means it's rather easy to dodge.
true, however if arrows come from both sides it could trap the enemy, or just while revolving the arrows, you could run up to an enemy (arrows that hit an enemy while revolving will die so its not as cheap)

>Could you explain the "disable target lock" command,use it once in a while and I did not notice any change yet?
you only notice it if you like to target the actual unit when you use a spell. like... hitting hotkey A (Arrow) and clicking on the enemy instead of aiming on the ground. If your close enough, targeting the unit is an auto hit, never misses. DTL prevents this and forces players to aim.

>And will you somehow "buff" the gravity archer?I think he is the least used archer there is currently (among people who unlocked most/all archers) because his field gives enemies the same advantage/disatvantage as him,and the "pull" of his ultimate is barely noticable,nor good.
personally, i do well with gravity, but thats possibly because not many people are experienced with gravitational field. His ulti is pretty good, combined with Double Shot and you can rack up some massive damage.

>About sniper
yeah sorry

thanks for your input

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
Well something funny happened 10 hours ago , there was this archer wars: legacy 2.0 map in epicwar.com . says by cleeezzz and continued by darkangel. 5 hours later when i went back to have another peek and its missing.i managed to get the map though , it had 3 additional archers (total of 9 to choose from), but the last 3 archers could not be used :p(says testing).it uses the same code as v1.0e

i just wanna know issit legit?

EDIT: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/95622/

its gone^

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
well the story is, i let DarkAngel have an unprotected copy for his private use, (playing with his friends and stuff), at least, it was never supposed to be uploaded to epicwar and such.

if you mean legit as in, is it mine? then no

mine is currently at 1.0e, hopefully within a month, 1.1

Things Left to Do
-Terrain (Ive pm'ed GhostWind about a request for the terrain, but i dont know if he will do it, anyone think they can terrain well for this map?)
-Some code revisions
-Revolver Testing
-Balance Testing

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
will the v1.1 use the same load code as the current one?
or do we have to farm kills all over again?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Codes will not be wiped, we'd be evil if we wiped the codes.

Darthfinder

Reaction score
Hopes for 1.1

The quote gives the topic, the :thup:parts:thdown: give a short comment and the parts below are more detailed description or sth like that

...it takes a very long time to reach that rank...
For me and espacially my friends it just took a week to reach the master and now two of my friends a going to reach goddess in about a month of really normal playing (no farms, game after game laming versus noobs).
So it is possible to go up fast in the ranks, for example: I reached Assassin in about 35 Games each about 20 minutes...
:thup:2 Versions of the map 1.1n and 1.1e for example
1.1n is the normal version with an unchanged ranking
1.1e the is the expert version where it takes longer to reach the next rank:thdown:

more comforts for higher levels
im not planning on adding this in the next version but for future updates, i will take it into consideration
:thup:So go on and code 1.2 :shades::shades::thdown:

AoW walking on the wall
:thup:Thank you for the fix:thdown:

The mixture from boots and arrowrange allows to kill everywhere around the map without moving very much
The thing u coudn't get
:thup:A changed terrain would be nice...:thdown:
or even a "mappicking menu" as it is part of "Elimination Tournament" where you can choose the map before the game starts (if you need the map for the code, I can upload it when it isn't already uploaded)

A changed incomesystem
:thup:I would do it much easier:thdown:
Income =
2W6 (possible income: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12) if Deaths/Kills < 5/1
2W6-4 (possible income: (-2 -1) 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8) if Deaths/Kills < 3/1
1W6+2 (possible income: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) if Deaths/Kills < 2/1
1W6 (possible income: 1 2 3 4 5 6) if Deaths/Kills < 1/1
1W6-3 (possible income: (-2 -1) 0 1 2 3) if Deaths/Kills > 1/1
0W6 (no income) if Deaths/Kills > 1/5
So skilled Player don't get income and the ones who get pwned :p get so much income to get a chance through the itemadvantage

Archertypes and there skills
:thup:More differences between the single classes would be nice:thdown:
Some things I thought about while typing this thread were:
-shorter max range for nearly all heros
-Assault: until lvl 4-arrow "very" short range but more damage to make him more like a CQB
-Gravity: the specialarrow sucks - if the first arrow didn't hit the second won't hit, because the first pulled the archer anywhere you couldn't expect, because you thought the first would hit
-Illu: why is he called Illu, if he even on level 20 isn't able to make an Illusion of himself :rolleyes: (longer Meld, able to hide in the dark of the night, ....something more sneaky :p )

Edit:
Additional Options
:thup:The command -notext:thdown:
For now the -clear-command is good, but in some games it would be much better, to be able to say: -notext to stop the popup information.
Or -notext to place the Popups not as big e.g in the upper left edge (like it is in CS)

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
could make time's 3rd skill freeze ally's arrow until she choose to release it istead of teleporting it to the future , can stack with sniper (freeze all snipers shot and release...might cause major lag but :D that would be crazy)

Raxxor

Reaction score
could make time's 3rd skill freeze ally's arrow until she choose to release it istead of teleporting it to the future , can stack with sniper (freeze all snipers shot and release...might cause major lag but :D that would be crazy)

Oh please no...time's third skill is just perfect,as it's usable for defense(good) and offense(decent).I even prefer using it for evading spread shots or something,rather than attacking with it.

Darthfinder

Reaction score
Release of the new map

Is the new map already available?

My friends just told me in the BattleNet, that he played the new version and the first info about was: "Revolter sucks - always Manaproblems"

So - Where to get it? Even if it just an open Beta ^^

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Revolver could not be out already, that's just impossible.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
The main thing holding this project back is the terrain, anyone think they could make one for me?

Map Size Full = 96x96
Playable = 50x50
Grass tileset would be nice

thanks

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
The main thing holding this project back is the terrain, anyone think they could make one for me?

Map Size Full = 96x96
Playable = 50x50

thanks

if i make , can i increase or decrease the playable? or the map size full ?

Devrak

Reaction score

Map Size Full = 96x96
Playable = 50x50

thanks

I could possibly try to do some terraining, but then you would have to give me more details about how you want it. When you make a 96x96 map, the playable is 84x84 (or something like that), do you want me to add boundary around the map, or how would I achieve that?
If you make the map size 64x64, then the playable area is 52x52.

Grass tileset, Ashenvale, Lordaeron summer/winter/fall, felwood, village?

How do you want the terrain to look? Thick forest or open fields, a combination? Lakes, rivers, mountains? Do you want a doodad limit, few doodads/lots of doodads?

I like your map and would gladly make some terrain. ;) But I need details more details about how you want it.

PS. Lordaeron sucks.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>When you make a 96x96 map, the playable is 84x84 (or something like that),

you can adjust the playable bounds in the map and bounds setting

(i just thought of something, if its 50x50, might as well make full 64x64.)

and no i don't really want it any bigger than 50x50 because its a pain to find people when theres only a few left. (especially if the other player is purposely running away)

>If you make the map size 64x64, then the playable area is 52x52.

woops just saw that, yea 2x2 more isn't that much, you could do 52x52

>Grass tileset, Ashenvale, Lordaeron summer/winter/fall, felwood, village?

whatever you think looks better, (try to stick with grass though, i dont like snow)

>How do you want the terrain to look? Thick forest or open fields, a combination? Lakes, rivers, mountains? Do you want a doodad limit, few doodads/lots of doodads?

well (assuming youve played the game) you should have noticed everyone likes to fight in the lakes making firebow literally useless. I want to change that a bit, i think the reason why people fight in the water is because there are no trees, so if you dont put trees in water, try to keep the water small and forests less dense

>Do you want a doodad limit, few doodads/lots of doodads?

up to you

Also a note about lakes, if possible, could you use Lower to make rivers? they look more natural, (if you dont know how, you take the whole map, shallow water the whole map, (enforce water height limits) then use raise enough so that the land goes above the water, then use plateau tool to flatten the entire map into land, but when you lower the terrain enough, you get water)

thanks, i really needed some terrain to release it, but im kinda sad because i was hoping to create a supplementary vision mod to make the current wc3 vision system work with Raised and Lowered terrain, unfortunately, the editor was too limited to do this.

>PS. Lordaeron sucks.
random, but why?

Devrak

Reaction score
>When you make a 96x96 map, the playable is 84x84 (or something like that),

you can adjust the playable bounds in the map and bounds setting

(i just thought of something, if its 50x50, might as well make full 64x64.)

and no i don't really want it any bigger than 50x50 because its a pain to find people when theres only a few left. (especially if the other player is purposely running away)

>If you make the map size 64x64, then the playable area is 52x52.

woops just saw that, yea 2x2 more isn't that much, you could do 52x52

>Grass tileset, Ashenvale, Lordaeron summer/winter/fall, felwood, village?

whatever you think looks better, (try to stick with grass though, i dont like snow)

>How do you want the terrain to look? Thick forest or open fields, a combination? Lakes, rivers, mountains? Do you want a doodad limit, few doodads/lots of doodads?

well (assuming youve played the game) you should have noticed everyone likes to fight in the lakes making firebow literally useless. I want to change that a bit, i think the reason why people fight in the water is because there are no trees, so if you dont put trees in water, try to keep the water small and forests less dense

>Do you want a doodad limit, few doodads/lots of doodads?

up to you

Also a note about lakes, if possible, could you use Lower to make rivers? they look more natural, (if you dont know how, you take the whole map, shallow water the whole map, (enforce water height limits) then use raise enough so that the land goes above the water, then use plateau tool to flatten the entire map into land, but when you lower the terrain enough, you get water)

thanks, i really needed some terrain to release it, but im kinda sad because i was hoping to create a supplementary vision mod to make the current wc3 vision system work with Raised and Lowered terrain, unfortunately, the editor was too limited to do this.

>PS. Lordaeron sucks.
random, but why?

Cool, I'll make it 64x64 then. Ashenvale, since I think it's the nicest looking grass tileset.

And yeah, I have played the game and noticed people usually are in the lakes. :) I haven't used firebow though, so I don't know what it does.

Mhm, I'll make smooth lakes/rivers since it looks best. And I have done it before.

Also, I don't want you to have too high hopes on my terraining. I can make some nice terrain, but I haven't done any 'requests' like this before. I'll do some terrain and see if you like it or not. :) I'll try to think of making it fun to play it in too, not just beautiful.

Edit: Why Lordaeron sucks? Well, it looks bad imo, the grass, the cliffs.. I don't like the feel of it. That, and the fact that it is used in 95% of the custom games ever made in WC3.

Devrak

Reaction score
So, this is how the terrain looks so far. Please tell me if you like it or not. :p

Attachments

• Archer Wars Terrain.w3x
    60.2 KB · Views: 266

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
oh i thought you mean the Realm lordaeron (US West) haha.

and yeah that terrain looks awesome

im kinda worried about the pathing though, if you press P, you can find several spots where theres only one square for units to pass through, that could be a problem

but yea it looks cool, really great job, let me know when you feel its done

Just a note, if you want to add Raised hills (not cliffs) feel free to do so because im currently working on a Fog modification that will allow me to put fog on any high region.

Devrak

Reaction score
Ok, edited those tight spots, atleast all I could find. I'm happy you like it and feel free to edit anything you don't like.

Now, go and finish the new version!

(Hint: There is more then one archer skin! :D)

Attachments

• Archer Wars Terrain2.w3x
    63.5 KB · Views: 256
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.