Other Ashenvale Forest Map Template

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Ashenvale Forest Map Template

I decided to create a map template because i wanted to improve my terraining and show off my results, now what could be a better way to do that then people using my map to created their own then have my name on the credits list for terrain. It would be great, well thats what i think at the moment. So here is my second Template.

This Template contains terrain, it does not edit any units and has no teams. It contains only one triggers, Map initlization (not enabled).

Map Details

Size - Small (64x64)
Tile Set - Ashenvale
Fills the entire map - Yes (you can resize the map though)
Contains Custom Units - No
Contains Custom Teams - No
Contains Custom Triggers - No
My own rating out of 5 - 5/5
Recomended for - Small cinematic, campaign map (small one), Learning to use triggers/ creating your own.

Whats in this template?

Most of the map is forested areas, i have payed attention to every tiny bit of it, even the bits you cannot see ingame. It is dense with deer prancing around, actually quite buetiful to look at. There is path leading through part of the edge of the forest, it leads to a lake with a small island in the middle. A massive waterfall gives water into the lake and sends water down the river pass the local night elf fishing village.

Screenies

Q & A

Q - Will this template destroy my computer
A - Only if you have Windows 98

Q - Im going to take it and won't give credits mwhahahaha
A - I can't force you to put credits on but i did put work into it and i would like some respect. If i do find a map with my terrain but no credits i will contact them. Even if you alter the map or you've used a section of my terrain please give credits, it's no that hard.

Q - Ha, you didn't protect your map!
A - It's a template...

Q - I will steal all your complex ideas and units and triggers and other things.
A - No point, simple triggers, no custom units and hardly and complex ideas and anyway, where are your commers? Questions and Answer session terminated!!!

Attachments

• Ashenvale Forest Map Template.w3x
    61.5 KB · Views: 226

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
It's really flat, kinda monotone, and there's a lot of shrubs. Decent, but not really good.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This 'template' doesn't seem to have much purpose.. You can't use it for any real map, except possibly a terrain competition.

The Acehart-wannabe Q&A isn't funny :p

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
1: Take more than 20 minutes in terrain. Especially for a terrain that is supposed to stand on it's own
2: Create your own style. That terrain looks like 99% of the wood-terrain on bnet.
3: Your Q/A isn't funny, it isn't witty, it isn't helpful. However, comparing it to acehard's q/a is rather rude, chances are he has never seen his q/a
4: Unless I'm mistaken, these aren't exactly templates.
5: You must have an unexpectedly low expectation if you're rating this a 5/5

Am I rude? Yes. But this method works surprisingly well.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
ok first they are bad comments and i think you kinda gutless when only 1 person has dl to have 4 ppl saying its bad...

@Ghostwind - Yes i betetr work on that, i thought shurbs could be grassy for 3d but perhaps ill got easier on it.

@thewrongvine - I tired my best taking pics...

@Romek - It could have a purpose and the Q&A thing isn't meant to be funny and isn't copying Acehart its basically to fill up space...

@WindexIsBack

1. i took longer than 20 mins on this
2. I didn't know Bnet was a wood, i thought it was a way to play games ove the internet...
3. Look above
4. They are templates, a noob could use them for creating a small cinematics and learning the basics of triggering on a map that actually has some terrain they can work around. Even if it's one or two things it's still a template.

5. Hay, start low then work up, so i have weird expectations

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
How could someone new to mapping use this? The best way to learn is do something yourself instead of using all these templates, then the thing your learning is how to change what someone else has already done, to make it what you want it to be.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.