Aura Help

Edy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I try to create some strange auras but i have no idea how to create some of them.

I need help to know how to create armor reduction aura, 10% gold refund on death of an unit aura (enemy and allies), on kill effect aura (any kind of buff reward for the killer) and vision aura (increasing sight range)

I would appreciate the help for any solution of those auras

afisakov

Reaction score
armor reduction aura is based on devotion aura with the armor bonuses set to negative. You can set the value to negative by pressing shift+enter when selecting value. Changing name and buff would be a good idea to reduce confusion but i should still work without doing so.

gold refund would be triggered: you create a dummy aura to look good and have the description but do nothing. then you write a trigger with
event: a unit dies
conditions: a unit has buff of type (buff used by ur aura)
event: player property, add gold based on...

kill buff also triggered. one way would be to create a dummy unit to cast buff on killing unit, perhaps checking lvl of buff in killing unit and setting dummy unit ability level based on that. this method has the advantage of automatically wearing off after a while;
alternative method is give all viable units a passive ability that does nothing at lvl 1 but is stronger at higher levels, and have the trigger increase level of that ability for every kill- like say a range 1 command aura of an item attack bonus variant.
There are many possible ways of doing this based on what you want and duration of buff- but all will require triggering

I am not sure how to do vision aura - hopefully someone else can help u with that.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
gold refund would be triggered: you create a dummy aura to look good and have the description but do nothing. then you write a trigger with
event: a unit dies
conditions: a unit has buff of type (buff used by ur aura)
event: player property, add gold based on...

This might not work well. Dead units do not bestow aura, unfortunately. And unit bounty is not detectable via trigger. A workaround, albeit weak, is to check if the surrounding of the dying unit contains any unit with the refund ability.

Example:
Code:
Event
A unit dies
Condition
Action
Set SomeUnitGroup = Unit within 600 range of Position of (Triggering unit) matching ((Level of REFUNDBONUS for (Matching unit) is Greater than 0) and (Matching unit) is alive Equal to True)
If then else
  If - Conditions
      Number of SomeUnitGroup is Greater than 0
  Then - Action
      Player - Set gold of (Killing unit).... to something.
  Else - Action

afisakov

Reaction score
it does not need to detect unit bounty, post asked for "gold refund", which is just purchase price.

Though you may be right about the aura, I had hoped that since aura updates always seem to lag behind it would still be there a moment after the death event activated, but I am not sure now if it would.

Solu9

Reaction score
For the visibility you could do a periodic check to see if the unit has the vision aura buff (fx. every sec or 2).

Make an invisible spellbook with a sight range ability with X levels where level 1 gives +0 sight range.

Whenever the periodic check triggers pick units with the vision aura buff and change their sight range ability accordingly (set to level of aura buff + 1).

Edit:
Remember to destroy the unit group at the beginning of the trigger.

Edy

Reaction score
I made most of them to work thank you very much :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.