Autocast Firebolt?

A

Andersaaa12

I have a mage hero and he's normal attack is melee, but I wan't him to learn an ability who allows him to throw a ranged bolt like firebolt. But how can I change firebolt to an autocast????(And the ability shall cost 10mana)

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Base it off an auto-cast spell like Slow and then make a trigger which when the custom Slow spell is cast, it creates a dummy unit that cast Firebolt on the target of the spell.

Reaction score
Couldnt you just change the projectile on fire arrows to the firebolt projectile and add a stunning effect (i think firebolt stuns.. does it?)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
You can' t detect autocast. Idea is right but you would need to use some pre-made autocast ability detection or just pick periodically units in your firebolt casting range and then check do they have "firebolt stun" buff, if they do create dummy caster and cast modified Storm Bolt ability with no missile art on them.

D

Down

A unit Aquires a target
Unit type equal to unit with your firebolt spell
Order aquiring unit to cast firebolt on aquired unit

and you can detect autocast, its orders the string
but you need a ranged attack to autocast
atlest i think so its why sorceress range was incressed to 800 back in A patch to make them more effective back before tft

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Base it off an auto-cast spell like Slow and then make a trigger which when the custom Slow spell is cast, it creates a dummy unit that cast Firebolt on the target of the spell.

This works perfectly well. Slow's auto-cast can be detected, as opposed to most other auto-castable spells. ;)

A unit Aquires a target
Unit type equal to unit with your firebolt spell
Order aquiring unit to cast firebolt on aquired unit

and you can detect autocast, its orders the string
but you need a ranged attack to autocast
atlest i think so its why sorceress range was incressed to 800 back in A patch to make them more effective back before tft

First of all, "Acquires a target" doesn't exist, it is "Issued an order targeting an object". And if you use this event, you could just start right-clicking on every unit you see and it would cast a firebolt at them, even if your caster does nothing.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
there's also an other possibility i think.

You run trigger every 0.05 sec
then you pick every unit with buff, remove the buff, create a dummy with firebolt and order it to cast it. Should work i think.

Kershbob

Reaction score
Got to be done with slow or curse. Make sure you give the ability a duration of 0.01 and a buff that has no tooltip.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.