Basic Trigger issue

hotfryman

Reaction score
Im having a basic trigger issue. I have a bunch of triggers that I want to proc when a player's unit enters a region, but only the first time, but the action of the trigger needs to continue. Is there a way to turn off the event proccing but continue to have the effects of the trigger?

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
The action
Trigger:
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

prevents the trigger from running any more. The actions of the trigger still continue if they have already started.

hotfryman

Reaction score
What's a good way of saying "all units of neutral Hostile in an area are dead" as event/condition

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i noticed ur first question was answered in a different thread (Merged into this thread by Darthfett) so ill answer the second (ps. if you accidently double post and have a second question edit the second post isntead of posting another one underneath, that is double posting and some will -rep u for it etc and its best to post 2 questions in 1 post that way someone may be able to answer both)

Trigger:
  • event
    • a unit dies (generic unit event)
    • conditions
      • dying unit is in region1 is true (boolean condition)
      • number units in region1 matching condition, owner of matching unit equal to neutral hostile, is equal to 0 (integer comparison)
    • actions
      • ur stuff goes here

hotfryman

Reaction score
Sorry about the double post, unintentional double click.
Thanks for the response. I've tried everything with the second condition and it seemed like it was right a couple times but it wouldn't work. Any advice on how im fucking up?

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
something like that

Attachments

• example.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 170

Rep7a

Reaction score
wouldn't this work?

event - A unit enters region blah blah blah
conditions -
actions -If Boolean[Player Number(Owner of unit(triggering unit)] = false then ACTIONS, set Boolean[Player Number(Owner of unit(triggering unit)] = true else ACTIONS without or with things

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
Isn't this as simple as including:
Turn off (This Trigger)
as one of the actions?

Or are we on a different problem and I am blind?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Isn't this as simple as including:
Turn off (This Trigger)
as one of the actions?

Or are we on a different problem and I am blind?

He had two identical threads. I've merged the two. Everyone else: Go ahead and ignore that post.

I've tried everything with the second condition and it seemed like it was right a couple times but it wouldn't work. Any advice on how im fucking up?

Would you mind posting your trigger? You can use the [noparse]
Trigger:
[/noparse] tags around your code to make it show up nicely, and you can also right-click the trigger name and select "Copy as text" for easy posting.

Don't forget to include a boolean comparison that the 'matching unit' is "alive", so that you only see if there are zero alive neutral hostile units. Units that are dead are still units. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.