Battle for Middle-Earth template! (Battle for Azeorth)

T

ToxicPeon

This sounds pretty sweet. Sure hope you will be able to finish it.

M

Malygos

Wait-wait
About the wall, did it just become a wall or units can walk on it (like a fortress wall)?
I'm currently making the one that units can walk on (i can make it using trigger, but im trying to make it non-trigger)
If it just a wall, thats really easy

deloctyte

Reaction score
Well, I dont think you can make actually walkable-buildable walls without triggers or programming, but Ill see if I can think of something for ya :)

deloctyte

Reaction score
ok, ok, I admit, I got a little carried away in making Squad Commander, but Ill work on this project aswell :)
Update comming soon, hopefully...

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Beehhhh, if you drop this I'll kill you :p

This is such a great idea! Why would you stop it?

:)

Just work on it, if you need help I might be able to help you :)

Just ask !

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i cant type much because im using my wii. why don`t you try doing BFME I . it is almost the same but with the walls already in place. youll have to do a different building system though.

deloctyte

Reaction score
But where would the chalenge be then? :) The Walls are one of the hardest "nuts" to crack open, but thats what makes it a chalenge! Oh yeah, dont worry Battle... There is no way Im dropping this project :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok.

maybe you have a point

listen to my earlier post on page 1, i think that would work.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Heres an idea!

Do it so that at map intialization X amounts of wallhubs are created around the castle, loop it so that this trigger goes for every newbuilt castle aswell.
Now these wallhubs are buildings with no models and a collision size of as close to zero as possible, then all you will see or feel is the Pathing Texture, now this i markable, and will have an uppgrade like "Build Wall" , set some waittime in trigger, and buildtime the same, and when finished, voila you have a wall, just fix it so that the angle of the wall is dependant on the castle.

I havnt played BfmE 2 but i have played bfme, and if they are somewhat alike you can do the same "triggers" for the rest of the buildings,.
And if you want to you can set it so that the 1st level wall themselfs has uppgrades so they get stonger, and/or covers more space around the castle, until its completely built in!

Ill tryout this myself, since i thinkk i wasnt really that clear in the text what to do, ill come back to you with the result (if any)

BTW Are they the same, the bfme 1 and bfme 2 building stuff? (like set places/locations?)

deloctyte

Reaction score
In BfME 2, you can build anywhere you want, and the only build slots that exist are around the fortress. You can build wall hubs anywhere you want, or from one of the build slot from the castle (those build slots are for defensive structures), and then you can clikc on that wall hub, click on build wall, click on another space, and it will build another wall hubv there, with walls in between....

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Ahh ok

Ok, then my idea wont work,, it would have worked it the build slot concept would still work as in BfmE 1....

N

NWG_Jonas

Play this map if u wnna bfme 2 on wc3 ^^:

http://epicwar.com/maps/14832/

just this map had like 10-12 clans wans long ago but now there is only 3 leaft :( but come clan bfme on northrend if u wanna test ^_^

and u should also know this map if we count the roc version is like 9-8years old... much older then EAs bfme games and this map is much more balanced and better ofc it based on spawns and not that u buy ur units and upgrading castles but it is fun :)

deloctyte

Reaction score
omg, someone revived my thread o_O

meh, I guess I'll look at the map when I have the time :p

Thanks ^^

N

NWG_Jonas

yes its noty like it our map will be like this map but its still named Battle for middle earth 2 and is much older map then eas bfme 2 game so... guess worth cheaking :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.