Other Battle Tanks

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Hello.
When I was younger, I played a game called 'Battle Tanks' on Nintendo 8-bit. I recently came to think of this awesome game and decided to re-create it for Warcraft3, mixing two great games for maximum awesome'ness! :thup:
(I just hope this hasn't been done before. :p)

Screenshots:
BTScreenshot01.jpg

BTScreenshot02.jpg

BTScreenshot03.jpg

BTScreenshot04.jpg

BTScreenshot05.jpg

BTScreenshot06.jpg

BTScreenshot07.jpg

BTScreenshot08.jpg

BTScreenshot09.jpg

About Battle Tanks:
The object of the game is to fight free for all versus the other tanks.
Your tank has two attacks. Your main attack fires a shell straight forward, which will blow up almost anything it comes across. Your secondary attack is a close-up attack which will clear debris out of the way.

You get five points per kill, and lose two points per death.
All players start with five lives.

When only one player remain a new round will start. The player who has the most points after three rounds is declared the winner.

About Powerups:
There are many different powerups one can acqure, that does different things.

Smudge - Blinds all enemy tanks for five seconds.
Invisible - Turns your tank invisible for 15 seconds.
Long Shot - Greatly increases your tank's main attack range for 20 seconds.
Haste - Increases your tank's move speed.
Recharge - Immediately recharges your main attack three times.
Meteor - Calls down a meteor on a random location of the map. -Beware, it might very well kill you as well!
Bonus Points - Grants five bonus points.
Extra Life - Grants one extra life.

So without further ado.. Here is the beta (v0.91) for Battle Tanks for WC3!

Please report any bugs, or other suggestions you might find here.

2009-02-28 - 11:57 Version 1.0 out.
2009-02-18 - 12:35 Version 0.91 out.
Changelog:
-Version 1.0-
No real changes made.
*Changed the name of the map.

-Version 0.91-
A few, tiny changes made:

*Shells won't blow up along walls anymore.
*Shells won't kill targets on the other side of the wall anymore (hopefully).
-Screenshots added!

Attachments

• Battle Tanks v1.0.w3x
    49.3 KB · Views: 228

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Well.. I was gonna say something about your lack of additional info on your post, but I've played the game, and I'll admit, its catchy, and there's actually not much more to tell than what you've already told us :D

Could be quite a 'blast' in multiplayer, I think maybe you should make a bigger map and include more players? I think that would be pretty insane, if you had 12 tanks instead of just 4 playing :D

Could you perhaps tell us more about the items? I only found the extra life one, but the camera ability talks about 'invisibility,' so I assume there are others..?

EDIT: Helpful hint: Try not to fire when right next to someone else, you get blown up too!

Exide

Reaction score
Ah, too bad on the name.
Any suggestions on a new name? ^^

@da1nOnlyEd:
There's actually a quest that you can read In-Game about all the powerups.
But to make it easy on you I will edit the first post with the same info. :p

Yea, it's a bug that you can kill yourself with your own shell close to an enemy unit. -I will try to fix that before releasing v1.0.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Classic Battle Tanks
and a disclaimer that its not like Battle Tanks
at the begging

Classic Battle Tanks?
If that is a name suggestion, then I think it is a good name:)
I remember this game aswell:)
I used to play it all the time when I was tired of the first zelda game;)

I think it should be the other map that should have a disclaimer saying that it is not like battle tanks, beacuse the original battle tanks is an epic game:cool:

Edit:
For you who don't know what battle tanks is, then check this link: http://www.nintendo8.com/game/798/battle_tank/

Exide

Reaction score
Update!
Version 0.91 out. Tiny changes made. (Still needs more play testing.)
Screenshots added.
-See Post #1 of this thread for more info!

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
@da1nOnlyEd:
There's actually a quest that you can read In-Game about all the powerups.
But to make it easy on you I will edit the first post with the same info. :p

Yea, it's a bug that you can kill yourself with your own shell close to an enemy unit. -I will try to fix that before releasing v1.0.

Ah, sorry about that. I think you should keep the self-kill option, it creates a need to be cautious and to keep away from the enemy, and also prevents you from just running up to the guy and blasting him at point-blanc.

Exide

Reaction score
Bump.
I decided to update this map to version 1.0, since I couldn't find anymore bugs to fix. :p

Exide

Reaction score
*Bump*
This is good stuff, worth trying out! :thup:

Exide

Reaction score
*Bump again*
Is anyone interessted in making an AI for this map? ^^

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Zomg I am
not.

Looks like a cool game Phrosen, :O
I shallz try its! :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.