Other Battleships Antarctica project

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Nope. Just need more time. School started a few days ago, and I can only work at weekends and during vacations.

Please keep waiting, my friends!

@ vine:
Hmm, I did install a mailing list and sended to it. ( BsArc%[email protected] )
It sent to my account, so please look if it accidentally went to your spam-folder.
If yes, I'll just e-mail again later this day.

I didnt recieve any e-mail, try again?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I got your "verification email" thing, and I replied. :)

So... I'll just wait.

I received both of them.
I'll just throw out another test mail ( by mailing list ) to check wether the mailing list is working or not.
Also, send mails concerning BsArc allways to the list.
Thanks, Davey

PS: Please also check your spam folders.
I accidentally sent it without title, so it might end up in your spam folder...

Sorry for the inconveniences, Serra

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ok, review.

First thing: The loading screen is nice, but the bottom-line of text is blocked out by the "Loading" bar.

Why is there a Harbor AND a Kontor? Oh, the Harbor is for hiring units, my bad, lol.

One thing: I love <3 how ships are all equal in cost, and it depends on how you play and what your ships are. Those other BShips with like some that cost 1000 and others that cost 9000 are pretty rigged - just get the best one. Anyway, very nice ideas, original, too. :thup:

I see that many of the abilities are not done yet... you should work on those before the other systems so at least you have a quick showcase for questions and stuff. Er, how do you upgrade the weapons?

MAJOR BUG: The Weight System/Cargo works as it should, but it bugs in a few ways. First of all, you don't even have enough cargo to carry more than 2 weapons, let alone get recipes. Secondly, if you drop the item, the cargo doesn't go down! :D

Not too much to test, but it was pretty cool anyway. Good luck! :thup:

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Ok, review.

First thing: The loading screen is nice, but the bottom-line of text is blocked out by the "Loading" bar.

Why is there a Harbor AND a Kontor? Oh, the Harbor is for hiring units, my bad, lol.

One thing: I love <3 how ships are all equal in cost, and it depends on how you play and what your ships are. Those other BShips with like some that cost 1000 and others that cost 9000 are pretty rigged - just get the best one. Anyway, very nice ideas, original, too. :thup:

I see that many of the abilities are not done yet... you should work on those before the other systems so at least you have a quick showcase for questions and stuff. Er, how do you upgrade the weapons?

MAJOR BUG: The Weight System/Cargo works as it should, but it bugs in a few ways. First of all, you don't even have enough cargo to carry more than 2 weapons, let alone get recipes. Secondly, if you drop the item, the cargo doesn't go down! :D

Not too much to test, but it was pretty cool anyway. Good luck! :thup:

Err, serra said Upgrading was disabled because you could only do it with recipes.

Yarr, i'll test as soon as i get WCIII bak uppppppp :thup:

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Just to tell, the loading screen is a bit blurry...

Try to add one that's not blurry without getting +4 MB in Map Size :p I had to scale it down to 640*480, sadly.

Sephirot sent me a version that does not hide the text under the loading bar a couple of months ago, just that I didn't see any reason to implement it as of yet.

@Vine: Thanks a lot for finding the bug in the cargo system! Great help that is : ) I'll fix it asap.

> I love how all the ships have equal cost
Too bad, but in the current planning, there will be ships for 7k and 16k too.
Perhaps I'll take your suggestion into consideration and remove these in a tournament version.
However, it won't be as hard to decide getting a better ship as it was in other versions ( In normal BS, I just bought an interceptor and that would do fine ); The Bigger ships have a higher cargo load and are thus required in order to get bigger weaponry.

Also, I'll change the text of these Hired ships to something that shows that these are creeps, and not heroes. Say_No_To_War blamed me for not doing that ; )

Best regards, Davey

EDIT:
Err, serra said Upgrading was disabled because you could only do it with recipes.

Yarr, i'll test as soon as i get WCIII bak uppppppp :thup:

Nope^^
Upgrading is disabled becouse I haven't done the "Event - Unit starts using an item, Condition - Item is upgradeable. Action - Upgrade the item if player has enough gold" Trigger. The upgradescript itself is added though.
Recipes are disabled becouse you combine upgraded weapons, and thus... Well, see above.

EDIT: Added the trigger.
JASS:
scope UpgradeOnClick initializer INIT
globals
    private constant trigger Upgrader = CreateTrigger()
endglobals

private function Upgrader_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local item trigItem = GetManipulatedItem()
    local unit trigUnit = GetTriggerUnit()
    if GetItemTypeUpgradeId( GetItemTypeId( trigItem ) ) != - 1 then
        call UnitAddItem( trigUnit, Upgrade( trigItem, GetOwningPlayer( trigUnit ) ) )
    endif
    set trigItem = null
    set trigUnit = null
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function INIT takes nothing returns nothing
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( Upgrader, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_USE_ITEM )
    call TriggerAddAction( Upgrader, function Upgrader_Actions )
endfunction
endscope

Also fixed 2 bugs with the cargo system, now It works the way it should.
I'll just add all the other weapons, and then I'm almost done! // not taking into consideration the TradeSys :/

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
@ All Betatesters: I've sent you the Bank/Taxes system.
Please check multiplayer compability. Also sent me a msg if you didn't get the mail within next week. Thanks.

O

Orei

If you remember me from earlier today, kudos to you, if not, I think I remember you inviting me to betatest...
(I can't host, though.)

Yeah. Just a few thoughts, in order that they pop into my head.

1) Hirelings? [Oooh. Sins of a Solar Empire suddenly popped into my head. Maybe have pirate raids that happen once in a while and attack a team depending on how much bounty they paid on the other team? Blergh. It'd be like, high-powered creeps, 'cept you'd have to pay for them. Although later on, they'd just become another source of income.]
2) Penguins. Penguins. Penguins. Penguins. Penguins. Penguins. D:<
3) Consumables
4) Layable mines. Or do you already have those?
5) More penguins.
6) A penguin village.
7) Since you have flyers, some weapons that can't target those flappity things in the sky would be cool. But then you'd be chased around the map by creeps. o_O
8) I remember seeing this feature on a battleships spin-off or something - they had a locking-on mechanism that locked weapons onto one ship at a time.

Well. That's all for now.

Ciaos.

:eek:

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
If you remember me from earlier today, kudos to you, if not, I think I remember you inviting me to betatest...
(I can't host, though.)

Yeah. Just a few thoughts, in order that they pop into my head.

1) Hirelings? [Oooh. Sins of a Solar Empire suddenly popped into my head. Maybe have pirate raids that happen once in a while and attack a team depending on how much bounty they paid on the other team? Blergh. It'd be like, high-powered creeps, 'cept you'd have to pay for them. Although later on, they'd just become another source of income.]
2) Penguins. Penguins. Penguins. Penguins. Penguins. Penguins. D:<
3) Consumables
4) Layable mines. Or do you already have those?
5) More penguins.
6) A penguin village.
7) Since you have flyers, some weapons that can't target those flappity things in the sky would be cool. But then you'd be chased around the map by creeps. o_O
8) I remember seeing this feature on a battleships spin-off or something - they had a locking-on mechanism that locked weapons onto one ship at a time.

Well. That's all for now.

Ciaos.

:eek:

Hiho : )
1) There allready are hired creeps ( the normal creeps can be hired in the side harbors )
2) Sure sure sure ; )
3) Consumables as in Repair Wood or as in Potion? Running back to base can be a pain in the neck, so stacking consumables will most probably not be included.
4) Yupp
5) + 6) Allready done ; )
screenshot2008105143212mk1.jpg
7) As there is only one flying creep every 40 seconds anyway, that will not be implemented
8) I have planned doing this for fast weapons ( cooldown < 0.2 ), as it simply will look cooler.

O

Orei

Yes!
Penguins!
They've already begun taking over the world. :]

As for consumables, I was thinking about things like potions, and, say, insta-revives or something.
o_O

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
As for consumables, I was thinking about things like potions, and, say, insta-revives or something.
o_O
Tripple N:
Nope, nothing like that. Not as yet.
Tripple R:
I'm sorrry ; D

@ Everyone: I would like to get a list of features you want to see in Bs Arc!
Features = Things like -ms => Shows your movespeed, a zoomer, a multiboard etc.

Current features are:
Red things are on todo list :p
If only parts of it are red, means that the system that does this has been created, I just need to input data to it.
- Zoomer ( player can zoom in / out )
- Statsshower: Your ships stats are Free cargo; Movespeed and Bounty when killed
- Kills/Deaths multiboard

- A bank account you can either put money on or off. With interest rate and stuff.
- A "balance" multiboard that shows your incomes + your expenses with where they went / come from*, the money on your bank and your total gold ( bank + gold )

- Command codes to lend other players money.
Will turn up in balance.
- Helpfiles that help you on certain things**

If you want any of the multiboards to show other things, too, just ask for 'em here.

Thanks for your help all, Davey

*Currently, most of the income is marked as Earnings P:. Will be changed to "Creeps", "Kills", "State" and "Players"
**@Betatesters: Please give me input on what I need to point out to players, or things that were unclear

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Lol. I'm so bored...
Good luck! :D

Can you post a list of abilities yet?

OFFTOPIC (But ONTOPIC really): Any betatester weapons? :p

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Sorry i couldnt beta test allready, i was kinda busy i needed to do other stuff, tonight ima beta test and give news, i'll try to point out goodies and badies..

A grrr!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Can you post a list of abilities yet?

Currently, you need to be content with the list of 25% of weapons.
Also, for Betatester weapons... Would be really nice if you could retrieve your specs for me. I can't find them in this eleven page thread, sorry ; )

@All betatesters: Some of you didn't send me their e-mail! Please do that before christmas :p
EDIT: Also you ingame name would be preferred! ( for adding as betatester )

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Do you remember my email? Because I don't... seriously.

Battle.net East: thewrongvine
Battle.net West: thewrongvine (go figure, lol)

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
My ingame name is theBOMB001.

EDIT:
Weapon:
Weapon name / description: Pure Atom Owning Cannon
Damage: 500 damage
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Range: 700
Allowed targets: All
Skill? (Yes)

Skill
Name: Atom Bomb
Damage: Highest damage ever..... *gasp*
Cooldown: 10 mintutes
Splash: 1200 AOE
EDIT the EDIT: Edited it a bit.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
My ingame name is theBOMB001.

EDIT:
Weapon:

EDIT the EDIT: Edited it a bit.

Ummm... You could just buy one of these and use it on the enemy main harbor using a spyship^^
Too imba ; D

Code:
    Pure Atom Ownage Cannon (5050): 'I00E'
     Damage   :   500
     Cooldown :     3
     Range    :   750
     Dps      :   166
     Weight   :    41
     Rating   : 1.11188
      Shop     : Light Weapons;[2,2] 

+  2695 ---> Pure Atom Ownage Cannon ( upgrade ) (7745): 'I00I'
         Damage   :  1000
         Cooldown :     4
         Range    :   750
         Dps      :   250

that is without the skill.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.