Bear Form

Beriadan

Reaction score
Hey, me again. Busy busy. Anyway, I'm trying to make a spell that turns a Druid Hero (that looks just like the Druid of the Claw) into a bear, like normal. But higher levels turn him into more powerful bear forms. Except, when he casts the spell in my PT, he's a bear for a split second and then back to normal form, but with a huge HP boost. I tried basing the spell off of the Druid of the Claw bear spell, and something is wrong. Help please!

- Beriadan

P.S. If this is not possible, I'll do something else.

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Is this a timed duration that he's bear form? I'd base it off of metamorphosis change "Stats Levels - " to 3 and change the "Data - Alternate Form Unit" and you can also change your hit point bonus in the spell just make multiple "bear units" with maybe different tints or whatever and alter there damage if you want to. Also don't forget to change required level from 6 to 1.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Is this a timed duration that he's bear form? I'd base it off of metamorphosis change "Stats Levels - " to 3 and change the "Data - Alternate Form Unit" and you can also change your hit point bonus in the spell just make multiple "bear units" with maybe different tints or whatever and alter there damage if you want to. Also don't forget to change required level from 6 to 1.

Thats what they did with syllabear in dota :p

NBalfa

Reaction score
you can also change the movespeed % (and the damage but I would like to talk about movespeed) when in bearform for ex. if this player is in bearform he is less faster than in druid form and as you lvl up this ability he will be more fast in bearform untill he will reach the final lvl of this ability when in bearform he will be the same fast or faster than in druid form!
you can achieve this by making bear's normal movement speed less than druid and as the ability levels up you will add a dissabled ability based on the boots of speed to the bear (or on each lvl you will add a different ability with more speed!

Beriadan

Reaction score
Okay, thank you. i'll go see now if this works. *opens world editor*

Now, does the bear form need any special ability?

So I tried it out, and he just turns into a bear for a split second, then back to normal, but i left the 60 seconds on, so then after that went out, he morphed into the right bear form for 60 seconds, and then back to normal. But, he had huge HP and damage boosts, and he had to relearn the spell. I'll email the map to anyone who wants to take a look at it for me.

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Just post it here.

There's also two metamorphosis abilities one is Illidan based but upload your map so we can take a look.

Beriadan

Reaction score
He's level 20 so you can test all the spells i made for him. none of them work....

Attachments

• Jenny v2.w3x
    169.3 KB · Views: 281

massive

Reaction score
urm i tested the map ... the tree form kills the hero...
wonder if anyone every played it..
no offence.
trying to learn vjass..Toot its hard..

massive

Reaction score

wanted a same spell as him for a hero,tried using metamorphosis,but not sure alternate form...
alternate form is the unit that the hero changes to when spell is casted?
does dis involve any triggers?
i need a spell like shapeshift in dota..
post it if you can do it..
Thanks

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Firstly don't use regular units to morph into base the morphed unit off of the metamorphosis under NightElf Special, the reason they were lasting 1 second was because they were considered "units" and not "heroes" for duration, third you can't have 3 spells belong to one hero that has the same root ability (Metamorphosis) else they start bugging up, I fixed your bear spell the other two you have to find new root abilities which im not sure if there is any cause I tried the Metamorphosis(illidan) and Metamorphosis( evil illidan) which both did the same thing for some odd reason, I can't think of any other Temp duration root morph abilities, so the Tree morph and the Wolf Morph I think will have to be triggered.

Anyways I fixed the bear ability.

Attachments

• Jenny v2-1.w3x
    170.6 KB · Views: 274

Never_Quit

Reaction score
Bear form has no item slots btw.

Edit: Also, you cannot build a main base on the raised land at the center of the map. Might I also suggest, since you can get gold from all of the lumber by building a bunch of lumber mills, make the gold mine at the center a health well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.