[beginner] Ranged Area based Skill?

Reaction score
I'm searching for a skill which only targets ground (like swarmrocket) but only does damage uppon hit (swarmrocket does damage upon launch), and doesn't home, because i want to use it for a long range, slow moving projectile.

i'm not lucky finding anything in the editor though, i tried about 2 hours now and didn't get it to work, i'm feeling pretty stupid right now -.-

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm searching for a skill which only targets ground (like swarmrocket) but only does damage uppon hit (swarmrocket does damage upon launch), and doesn't home, because i want to use it for a long range, slow moving projectile.

Can it be triggered?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Inferno? Make a dummy unit and make it the summoned unit, remove the stun (It's gonna be a ministun of 0.01 sec). You don't need any triggers for this, just making a dummy unit, but it might not be EXACTLY what you want ^^

Ah, on second thought, it might not be the thing your looking for, you want a projectile to be fired from a unit and hit another unit in an AoE, kinda like artillery. Well, if you can manage the units animation to Shoot, it can work with an inferno falling down as a Projectile hehe ^^

Reaction score
so there is absolutely no way to do this without triggers? -.-

edit:
i won't need help with the trigger, if it needs triggering. but im very bad at finding templates for skills that don't need triggers

edit2: seems like i misread ^^'
but i don't understand how making a dummy unit would help me without using triggers o_O

Haette

Reaction score
You might try Healing Spray, but I'm not positive that it will let you deal damage. It also seems to be really picky about what buff it uses.

I don't suggest this since it's about as hackish as you can get, but you could also try using Pocket Factory to summon a unit that has the "AoE Damage upon Death" ability.

TBH, your best bet is probably a trigger + a dummy with an artillery attack.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
His best bet is almost always triggers for anything.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Inferno? Make a dummy unit and make it the summoned unit, remove the stun (It's gonna be a ministun of 0.01 sec). You don't need any triggers for this, just making a dummy unit, but it might not be EXACTLY what you want ^^

Ah, on second thought, it might not be the thing your looking for, you want a projectile to be fired from a unit and hit another unit in an AoE, kinda like artillery. Well, if you can manage the units animation to Shoot, it can work with an inferno falling down as a Projectile hehe ^^

I favour this answer, its quite clever.

57005 said:
edit2: seems like i misread ^^'
but i don't understand how making a dummy unit would help me without using triggers o_O

You know where the inferno spell has like Summoned Unit - Infernal, change this to a dummy, and set the duration to 1.00 to reduce lagg of mass dummies.

Reaction score

a falling projectile wouldnt work though, i need a real projectile without any stun too

you could try Tinker's Cluster Rockets
already tried, but doesn't work. they do damage on launch, not on hit

You might try Healing Spray, but I'm not positive that it will let you deal damage. It also seems to be really picky about what buff it uses.
the damage works, but i can't slow down the projectile somehow

so any further ideas/tips without triggers?

avalya

Reaction score
No, just trigger it, there aren't any basic spells that you can use to make what you want.

Reaction score
ah well... :(

i gonna do it with triggers then, gonna look for a base spell to use for it, but as always: im open for suggestions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.