Big Trouble: Multiboard Help Me Pls

NeosDany

Reaction score
Well I have managed to set everything in my multiboard properly but not the hero picks icons, is awesome that nobody, and i readed almost 3 hours of guides, and suggestions, but there is no guide for making a multiboard with hero picks, well since icons can be accesed by the string shortcut i used the example of one of the posts i readed, well, i get all the variables stored in the trigger, now what should i do to make , "the player pick the hero, so he receive the correct icon", i have a idea but it will take 290 triggers to make, well i will get super bored if i dont find help but if not i am gona make these 290 triggers to make work, :/ 10 trigger icons per player 10 x 29 T_T
help me pls T_T

Icon storage :
Trigger:
  • Event
    • Map initialization
    • Condition
    • Actions
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[1] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNGrunt.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[2] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFelGuardBlue.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[3] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNNightElfRunner.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[4] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNArthas.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[5] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroDeathKnight.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[6] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDemoness.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[7] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNShaman.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[8] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDragonHawk.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[9] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRaider.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[10] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBanshee.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[11] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRifleman.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[12] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNVillagerMan1.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[13] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNLichVersion2.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[14] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSpiritOfVengeance.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[15] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroWarden.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[16] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNEredarWarlockPurple.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[17] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNGargoyle.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[18] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNForestTroll.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[19] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNKelThuzad.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[20] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBloodElfPeasant.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[21] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroTaurenChieftain.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[22] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBloodMage2.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[23] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAncientOfWonders.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[24] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMurlocFlesheater.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[25] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBansheeRanger.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[26] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPriestessOfTheMoon.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[27] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPeasant.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[28] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFacelessOne.blp
      • Set Hero_Icons_String[29] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNTuskaarBlack.blp

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, first you could (In the same trigger as that) also add a unit-type integer variable, with all the heroes you have in the game, and associate them with the same array number as the picture's path...

Then maybe add an integer loop in the "Hero Pick" trigger, like:
Trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 29, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) of type Hero_Type[(Integer A)])
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in TempGroup) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard item in column 1, row (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) to Hero_Pic[(Integer A)]
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

NeosDany

Reaction score
Your trigger has a mistake --- >
Well, first you could (In the same trigger as that) also add a unit-type integer variable, with all the heroes you have in the game, and associate them with the same array number as the picture's path...

Then maybe add an integer loop in the "Hero Pick" trigger, like:
Trigger:
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) of type Hero_Type[(Integer A)])
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in TempGroup) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard item in column 1, row (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) to <<<<<<<<< Hero_Pic[(Integer A) >>>>>>>>>
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

These are my variables:

Heroes = unit type ( for heros)
Grupo_Temporal_Icono = unit group
Hero_Icons_String ( for the storage of pathways of icons )

When responding to a triggering unit, and not a buying unit you making the mistake, well but you helped me to learn, thanks a very much this was solved :
Trigger:
    • Bucle: Acciones
      • Set Grupo_Temporal_Icono = (Units owned by (Owner of (Buying unit)) of type Heroes[(Integer A)])
        • Si: Condiciones
          • (Number of units in Grupo_Temporal_Icono) Igual a 1
        • Entonces: Acciones
          • Tabla múltiple - Set the icon for Multi_Tabla item in column 1, row (Player number of (Owner of (Buying unit))) to Hero_Icons_String[(Integer A)]
        • Otros: Acciones
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Grupo_Temporal_Icono)

Hope to anothers learn from this, will be very useful, cause i dont find another before, maybe it is the first multiboard completed succefully, thanks again :D

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah, well I didn't know how your "Hero-Picking-System" worked, so I guessed XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.