Blizzard answers questions about sc2...

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Ouch. My eyes hurt after reading all that.
ikr

OT: Inviting new people over the next several weeks, wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.
Now I need to pimp my comp so blizzard will add me to their buddy list.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
from that the most interesting news:
We intend to release an early version of the editor during the beta so the map-making community can get a head start creating their own maps. This is going to be a stretch for us to pull off, but our hope is to get it out before the end of April.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Q. Does map publishing also store any extra resources (sounds, graphics, etc.) specific to the map, or is this a limitation?

A. Yes. If you add art or sound to a map, it's stored in the map and is therefore downloaded with the map once it's published. Long-term we will be adding support for custom mods where other maps can depend on a single mod pack. For example, if the community wanted to build a "Classic StarCraft" mod, they could do that and share it online and then many maps could be built that depend on that mod.
Warcraft 3 anyone? :p

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Warcraft 3 anyone? :p

it sounds like they plan on making a major update where most "imports" wouldn't add to the map size since they would already be saved on B.net and only added as the map requests them

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
this is so awesome... this is probably the best moments for blizzard.. all the hype being built around this game.. i hope at the end, once the beta, testing, balancing, stability, hardware issues are no longer a concern, the game lives up to it's hype :O

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Mmm, merging Dark Templar seems abit of a waste now, unless you somehow sneak them behind enermy lines and they dont notice the merging or something.

That was a pretty worthless tactic already in the first one since they had no attack and the only somewhat good thing they had was feedback which has been passed on to another unit now.
There was one thing that was really fun to do with the dark archons and that was to use mind control and take over drones and scv's and then play as all three races at once :D That would be fun to see in starcraft 2, but it would not have any real use since the fast pace of the game^^

Arkless

Reaction score
That was a pretty worthless tactic already in the first one since they had no attack and the only somewhat good thing they had was feedback which has been passed on to another unit now.
There was one thing that was really fun to do with the dark archons and that was to use mind control and take over drones and scv's and then play as all three races at once :D That would be fun to see in starcraft 2, but it would not have any real use since the fast pace of the game^^

zerg can do that with the infesters (it's really annoying to build a commando center since you lose the scv every 10 seconds <.<)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.