Blizzard's "World of Warcraft" hits 11 million

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Blizzard Entertainment is just over two weeks away from releasing the second expansion pack to its genre-dominating massively multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft, Wrath of the Lich King. And despite increased competition this year from the likes of Funcom's Age of Conan and EA Mythic's Warhammer Online, Blizzard has managed to continue to stave off WOW fatigue to usher in that expansion's arrival.

Today, the Irvine-based developer said that its worldwide subscriber base had exceeded 11 million. Adding a little color to that number, WOW's citizenship would rank just higher than the total population of Greece, according to the Central Intelligence Agency's World Fact Book.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6200145.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;2

setari

Reaction score
I think they should look for accounts with the same IP too... >.>. They wouldn't even have that many if they checked... There was a guy on yahoo featured, he had 30 WoW accounts. So...

Not bashing though, I play, i think it's fantastic :D (Thorium Brotherhood)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You should post this in the news section. :p

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I think they should look for accounts with the same IP too... >.>. They wouldn't even have that many if they checked... There was a guy on yahoo featured, he had 30 WoW accounts. So...

Not bashing though, I play, i think it's fantastic :D (Thorium Brotherhood)

11 Million is a lot more than you think it is. Haha. Not many MMOs get nearly even to 1 million subscribers.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Not too surprising. WoWers always want to get the new content asap. =P

Why would anyone want 30 accounts.

It is an easy way to get a raid group. =P But yeah, I think it is a waste of money. I prefer just to have 1. xP

Fluffball

Reaction score
It is an easy way to get a raid group. =P But yeah, I think it is a waste of money. I prefer just to have 1. xP
I wonder what the repair fees are :D, that's if he bothered to get 25 level 70's:p

Great acheivement.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.