cant figure out spell....

runegerig

Reaction score
so im using the GUI. i want a spell that is called Lightwave, that is like shockwave, except soon after the first one comes out, a second one comes out. the second wave is only supposed to damage Undead units. ive made the ability and it works, as two waves come out, and the first one does the full damage. i just cant make it so the second one only damages Undead. help if you can please.

Skippy

Reaction score
Under unit classification check:
Trigger:
  • ((Picked unit) is Undead) Equal to True

runegerig

Reaction score
oh please....of course i know about that boolean. maybe im not making my question clear enough. first, how do i pick all the units in the area in front that has been lightwaved? how do i make it damage the undead units just as the wave hits them? and if this isnt supposed to be trigger-enhanced, there is no option on the Shockwave ability to check a box that is target undeads....

canons200

Reaction score
this is a bit hard work but will do the trick, under object editor >>> unit >>>find your undead >>>> combat - target as >> set it ward, do all this to all your undead.

then the ability, first wave, add 1 more target as ward, second wave, tick only ward.

but of course, by doing this, you have to tick your unit and hero >> combat attack allowed, add ward

runegerig

Reaction score
yes i definitely think that will work. all my units are totally new so it wont be hard to set all them as ward. except the only thing is, by setting it to ward does something unusual happen to the unit (like Worker makes the icon in the bottom left corner and Mechanical makes it untriggerable by many spells)?

naughty

Reaction score
nothing happens, but the funny thing is, every other spell u make must be checked to target wards, which u probably will forget and every time u will re save :). I'd say u make a dummy unit to cast the second wave (ur real unit will only do the animation) and by event Unit Takes Damage u check if the unit type of unit is ur dummy and unit is undead then dmg the unit. The shockwave will only do 0.01 damage so that the event will work.

runegerig

Reaction score
ok. yeah i was trying to do something in the terms of that. i already had a dummy doing the second and for it doing no damage. i just had no idea of how to make the units hit by the wave to take damage. ill try to get that to work, but if i cant ill be back. thank you!

runegerig

Reaction score
well this is strange...the takes damage event only happens in the specific unit event. there is no takes damage in the generic unit event. and in the specific unit event it will not recognize my variables...

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
well this is strange...the takes damage event only happens in the specific unit event. there is no takes damage in the generic unit event. and in the specific unit event it will not recognize my variables...

use two triggers...
First trigger has an action of
Trigger:
  • Trigger - Add (event) to 2nd trigger

Then 2nd trigger will have the event

runegerig

Reaction score
ugg im having trouble again....it has to be generic. unit takes damage only works with specific unit, and i cannot get the units that are hit by the shockwave into variables since it is a target point spell and not a specific target spell.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
ugg im having trouble again....it has to be generic. unit takes damage only works with specific unit, and i cannot get the units that are hit by the shockwave into variables since it is a target point spell and not a specific target spell.

No... Generic also takes damage. Use GDD for that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.