cant get AI to create custom units

D

dixon87

i know this question has been asked several times.. but im useing a Playstation 3. so it is hard to search stuff on it.. so please bare with me and help out.. please and thanks...

ok so i can create custom units and add them to buildings and build them as a user player.. but i have been very unsuccessful (sp) in doing so with the AI in the game..(computer player) I wanted to make the AI only build these starcraft marines and zerglings (which i found in neutral units) and the computer just sat there and mined. i go to AI editor and i can not for the life of me figure out how to put the custom units in its building plan thing...i click the custom tab and it says there is not custom units..but in fact i made custom units in the unit editor.. but the ai editor cant find them...any ideas on how i can learn how to do this?

mgsfan18

Reaction score
I have had no success with getting computers to create custom units. but if you want the computer to train those units then attack you should set a trigger pretty much saying (since I don't feel like writing it up)
Event: every 2 seoncds
Condition: it gold for player 2(blue) is above (what ever the unit cost)
Action: build the unit

and create a region spanning over there entire camp but make sure the peasants are not in the region
then make another trigger having every unit in the region to attack move towards your camp.

I realize this is a horrible way of doing it and there are probably going to be people out doing me but thats all I can thing of.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> the AI editor can't find them

That's because it's not "attached" to the map, i.e. it's not seeing your object editor unless you tell it to with menu: File / Add to map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.