CTF Capture the Flag

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Capture the Flag
Current version: 1.01
DOWNLOAD the newest version.

Objective: Capture your opponent’s flag from their base, retrieve it into your base, and score up to the host-set amount of captures needed.

Map Size: 128x64 (Small)
Players: 12 (6v6)
Heroes: 12 heroes
Items/Shops: 36 Mixable Items, 40 Base Items / 4 Base Shops, 3 Muting Shops, 1 Recipe Shop
Terrain: Barrens/Lordaeron Summer
Speciality: Map is not protected!

Description: Play in a barren battlefield to capture the enemies’ flag!
Select a hero from an assorted tavern of custom and unique heroes. Purchase items, shanty or legendary, from over 7 merchants and shops to equip your fighter with necessary battle utilities. Cast spells, propel fireballs, call upon nature, and ultimately use tons of abilities to support your allies and yourself. There is no time to lose – choose your faction and fight!

History:
29th of May
The time is near. Our soldiers prepare for war. The gods and magic of the Alliance will be with us and protect us for sure. Humans, Night Elves, Dwarves, Beasts, they all come together and rely on me. I shall not fail them!

11th of June
The Horde do not know what they have come into force with! We shall utterly destroy them and retrieve their flag at all costs. The barren land awaits us, and though we step into unfamiliar territory, we bring our best troops. War is at hand! Charge!

26th of May
Rest shall not last for long. As we gather together – fellow Orcs and Trolls, Ogres, Undead – I watch our kin and the others as their leader. I pray that the gods will aid us in battle, for time is running out. The battles are at hand!

11th of June
Those foolish invaders think they can capture us and our lands. Well they are wrong! The Horde shall stand strong and drive them out. Our home lands will guide us in battle, our strongest guards will defend us, and we will win!

As the 2 factions prepare for war, tension rises. Eager to draw blood and capture the others’ flag, they sharpen their swords and hearts. The barren desert has been home to the Horde for ages, and they will not surrender without a fierce fight. It would also serve greatly for the Alliance as new lands for them, and they shall attack relentlessly. Mercenaries around the world gather together and fight for perhaps glory, riches, and honor. It is time for you to join them!

History written by thewrongvine

Next version 1.02:
What you can see in the next version of map:
-make tooltip for Avenger's passive spell
-short description of map in loading screen
-fully working multiboard
-rename "Night Elf" hero
-replace spell Force of Nature
-decreased taken damage in "Bear Form" for "Night Elf"
-and more
Changelog:
version 1.01
Code:
[I]Added/Removed/New[/I]:
-added a AutoBackFlag system that which automatically move flag, that is on the ground more than 30 seconds, to its "home"
-removed neutral units sellers on each sides
-added more info to information-shops (where you can buy the items needed to mixing)
-added list of items to recipes (bought in recipe shop) that you can mix with recipe
[I]Fixed[/I]:
-remade tooltip of Axe Shot[Wapons Master - Rexxar] (now Ravaging Axe)
-fixed some typos posted by Accname
-reward for killing boss multiplied 4 times (600 base reward now instead of 150)
version 1.0 Beta
Code:
First release
Screenshots:
Loading Screen version 1.0
01nj7.jpg
Loading Screen version 1.01 and higher
loadingscreenne6.jpg
Starting game
02un3.jpg
Shops
03sa1.jpg
Learn tooltip of spell
04mv9.jpg
Owning base
05aj8.jpg
Rune
06td5.jpg
Killing boss
07kg5.jpg
Flag
08jz2.jpg
Image of the hero on circle of player
09dj3.jpg
Winning the round
12gz7.jpg
Surprise creep
13iz0.jpg
Base Owned
14fw3.jpg
Tooltip of spell
15lz7.jpg

CTF Team: furby777(mapper), thewrongvine(grammar corrector, tooltip maker)

You can download the map here.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Hey, Furby, good to see you again after so long. :)

Did you give up on your map? Give on on all of WCIII? :( It was a really cool map... I will try it out when I can.

Btw, did you fix those grammar things I sent to you? :)

Furby

Reaction score
Added basic info of map. And screenshots moved.;)

CixxyZ

Reaction score
looks really quality overall, great looking terrain too. Just have my gripes with the names of skills like "Slasher" as an ultimate - it could be a lot cooler of a name :)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
tested in single player. heres my feedback:
-beware the use of the blink ability from warden! warden could blink behind tree walls, dying there, drop the flag and the game is over... (maybe move the flag back after it lays 30 seconds on the ground)
-the gold bonus for killing a boss (150/300) is a bit low depending on how much gold you get from a normal creep. (about 60)
-you can buy creeps at enemys base, could be annoying.
-nice terrain. really. (though summer and barren trees next to each other doesnt look that good...)
-you got some typos at the recipe information. often you have written "gero" instead of "hero".
-maybe you could add some more custom spells. well the blizzard made spells are fine, good tooltipps/arts used but they may get boring after some time.
-maybe add some information to the game modes at the Manual(F9). there was something about game modes but not exactly what they do.
-add some more information to the recipe system please. Like where you get the item you need for a mixed item. (weapon shop/armor shop/etc)
-nice to see the heroes stat at the altar although this might not be used often.
-maybe add some information to the "coloured" recipe scrolls themselfs. like for what items they are needed.

General Impression: nice map though it may need some more custom spells/items its well done.

Furby

Reaction score
Accname I love you!!!:thup::thup::thup:

Your post is that what i need so much. Some bugs or typos or errors or.... that i need to change or repair. I love you! thx . And all whou can make same post, feel free to post it!!!

Changes (posted by accname) will come tommorow.

If is anybody testing my map. SEND ME REPLAY!

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Ok, tested it.

First of all, accname, when I played it, I checked every single item and recipe and I did not find any typo with "G" instead of an "H" for the word "Hero".

Furby, I have to go now, but I will send you the replay and information later. Talk more on AIM later if we can. :)

And remember, I gave you the things for Avenger's "Pillage Icon" ability one. :D So update it soon.

Furby

Reaction score
New version released. Chcek the full changelog in first post.:thup:

Thanks to Accname for list of bugs.

PS: Loadin screen changed coz I have lost Photoshop format of the older one.:D

thewrongvine

Reaction score
And the loading screen isn't even fully done yet. ;)

There's more to come. :)

Off-Topic @Darthfett:
How's your CTF coming along?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
And the loading screen isn't even fully done yet. ;)

There's more to come. :)

Looking forward to seeing more, then. ;) High quality maps are rare, and from the first post it seems to be one of the few.

Off-Topic @Darthfett:
How's your CTF coming along?

Slow, atm. I've been a bit busy with college, so I haven't had too much time to work on the map. I'm also running into a few roadblocks, as far as the AI movement system is concerned. It's set up for random paths, but I don't have it set up for "fast paths" so the AI's will not always encounter each other if they both have the flag.

I'm getting a bit anxious to release the map. :p

_whelp

Reaction score
(Do not not read this post unless you are bored.)

Suggestion(s):
JASS:
//The name kinda sounds simple and there are other CTFs too.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well, it's not really a name. It's more of a label - a playing game, not exactly a brand game, if you understand. Like it's actually just Capture the Flag by Furby, not like for example Barren Battlefield and then the information would tell you that it is a CTF-type map.

But yeah, a name would be cool Furby. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.