Chain Knockback not working!

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
The chain knockback units aren't moving much because you are setting their speed to the current speed of the first unit. So:

First unit's speed when input by you: 1000.00

First unit's speed when changed by the system: 1000.00 * 0.03 = 30.00

Therefore, a chained units knockback will be:

When they first start (input speed): 30.00

When changed by your system: 30.00 * 0.03 = 0.90

So they will only be moving 0.90 distance every interval, which makes it look like they are not moving.

So thats the chained units business. And im still not sure on the bouncing yet. It is very confusing.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Ok, would this work?

JASS:
startspeed*TIME*SPEEDFACTOR

I am sure that is correct right? :)

Attached a spell of Vexorian that does some bouncing for you to figure it out.:cool:

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
You could do something like:

(d.speed / TIME) * SPEEDFACTOR

That should be right.

ANd that spell by vexorian is ancient, and his bouncing formula is confusing as hell. I think only he knows what it does.

EDIT:

Congrats on your 1000th post :D.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
I think only he knows what it does.

i asked him once when I was trying to make my own, not even he remembers how he got it to work

personally, when i have issues like this, I just start over, maybe not from the beggining, but with what you know works - then go from there

personally I'd say just use Dusks, it works, and what menial changes you need made can be done as required

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
A mini bump for Kenny!.

Well, I wanted more stuffs about knockbacks like knocking units and then flying them back to their distance which Dusk system do not have. His system is a good basic knockback system but I want to make my life easy but making a knockback system for my map.

Well, I don't get how he name his variables and of such.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
his allows chain knockbacks

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Well, first of all, the way he named his variables seemed really weird to me and he is working with degrees while I am working with radians, heard that radians are faster, basically right now If I use his system and then edit it, it seems really immoral and bad. The timeout for his system seems weird, I normally use 0.03 or 0.04 for knockbacks but his is higher about 0.05 ~ 0.06.

Also, everybody knows it's easier to work with your code then working with another person's code right ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.