World China: Woman was heavily maimed by exploding chair after taking shower and drying hair.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
China is again quaking in its seats after being shaken by yet another incident of a randomly exploding chair horribly maiming the poor unfortunate sat upon it.

The incident occurred in a Fujian province apartment one evening after its female resident finished showering and took a seat to dry her hair. 30 seconds after taking a seat, the chair’s gas cylinder exploded with devastating force, severely injuring her backside, anus and vagina.

She was hospitalised and a number of operations were necessary to completely remove all the iron fragments and screws which had been embedded in her body by the explosion.

The force of the explosion was so great the wood and sponge of the chair’s seat was completely shredded, and the PC on the desk it was placed under was sent flying.

China’s exploding chair incidents have become distressingly frequent in recent years, with some even proving fatal.

Dang... First, it was a child, and now a woman. I'm lucky I sit on the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Either the produced chairs are not well made, or China just happen to be the country were these incidents happen because such a large amount of people live there compared to EU or USA for example. I beat we'll have 1 in the USA in not too long with president speech!

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
they really need to have some sort of quality control liability and go sue the company that made the chair - this is what lawyers should be working on instead of pointless patent lawsuits

edit:
allow me to define pointless in this context: patents that describe vague, essential ways that a product looks or functions, which are very hard to identify/enforce due to their loose definitions, but give lawyers a field day over how it could be interpreted

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Yeah, in the chair... but why? Some hydraulic recliner or some shit?

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
I always thought it was gas canisters that made chairs able to go up and down O_O

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Ohhh, a whirly chair. I'm back on track now, I kept envisioning a real piece of furniture. Cool. Thanks for clarifying.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how many more cases of this have happened since this news in 2012? :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.