(Cinematic) The Lone Footman

Look ok? or needs some more work.... (exept the last two)

• Exellent

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Good

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Average

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I really think the terrain looks great. The terrain is very midieval-ish, which makes it look cool and gives it a feeling. Good luck on the cinematic itself!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
ALALAL! Stop about the terrain! I am his council advisor! lol.

Em. ANYWAY, we'll be waiting here.

Ok, bringing terrain topic back again -_-, here's a quick mini-tutorial.

Ok To Be Excessively Used But Not Spammed:
-Shrubs because they can also pass for grass. In real life, it's everywhere, just of different sizes. This makes it more 3-D.
-Flowers/Mushrooms! because there are a lot of these everywhere, it may be small and not noticable in your busy lives, but they are there.

Things That Should Be Used Not Too Excessively:
-Trees because just putting like 10 trees next to each other is not real. You need to space it out, even if just one block.
-Rocks because small rocks don't really count since these rocks block. Use these grouped with trees, flowers, mushrooms, shrubs, bushes, etc. around them.

Things Not To Be Excessively Used:
-Broken Logs/Stumps because, unless it's a cut down forest, you don't see too many of these near each other. Space them out and like with the rocks, group them with other doodads.

Tips:
-Use different variations of trees. That doesn't mean using mushroom trees (the ones in the floating rock place...) with Ashenvale trees, but find ones that match such as: Ashenvale/Lorderaen Summer/Fall/Felwood.
-Groupings of doodads work very well. One of my favorite combos is: 1 or 3 rocks together with shrubs bunched around and inside, with flowers in the opening cracks of the rocks, with maybe a mushroom, bush, or log next to it.
-Never mass one single doodad in an area too much unless it is intentional, like a "rocky island" or something. Shrubs, like I said before, should be placed around areas, not bunched up, but near each other, because it is also like grass in a way.

PHEW! Maybe I should write a terraining tutorial...

Good luck with this!

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
Thank you everyone!!!

Just to say again... I don't know about the trees, I'm desperately trying to find a different (but similar) variation for them, with little luck... Hopefully I'll get somewhere xD

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I like the way this looks. I agree with Dakho, the terrain does look like it belongs in a medieval movie. It reminds me of the oh-so-amazing Rennasaince Festival in Michigan (my state :D).

I'd like to see the actual cinematic, and some more variant trees, but the screenshots look nice. Keep it up!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ashenvale Wall Tree, Felwood Wall Tree, Ashenvale Canopy Tree Wall, Felwood Canopy Tree Wall, mixed in with some Lordereon Summer and Fall Tree Wall. :thup:

Ok, I said that I'd be a helper so here are some of my... eh... daily tips or w/e:

Terrain Height - try to mix it up. Use 'raise' and 'lower' and 'noise' to make it more realistic. But don't just use noise for all of it.

Mountains - unless you need a wall or blockage, I prefer using 'raise' to make mountains and hills, since real mountains and hills are like that. To make it unpassable, you can simply place 'pathing blockers' and stuff.

UPDATE? :D

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
sorry :( just ran into some difficulties with a trigger... I'm waiting for some help so I can keep working. :banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.