(Cinematic) The Lone Footman

Look ok? or needs some more work.... (exept the last two)

• Exellent

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Good

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Average

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Just started my first cinematic, called the Lone Footman. Hope it won't take too long to finish. Here are some screenshots of the starting part ---
:D:D:D

Sorry about the camera in a few of the pics, as I said, first time, i didn't notice that the cameras were still there :) Thanks guys!!!

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
thats some very nice doodads you got there

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
XD no, it won't be playable sorry, but maybe sometime when I have some spare time i will be able to make a playable map like that.

The doodads, most of are not ingame as you can tell. Don't worry, I will give credit for them in the game credits!!! They are not mine!!! :)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
It looks like you spammed doodads, which is absolutely horrible. The terrain is also too flat. Make the poll when we can actually see the cinematic; it's to hard to judge just by a few pictures.

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
thanks everyone!!!

Spamming the doodads i did only with the trees, because I'm having difficulty finding any similar model. If someone comes across one, please tell me!!!

The terrain has been changed though, these were from a little earlier. Will bring out new screenshots soon.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Spamming the doodads i did only with the trees, because I'm having difficulty finding any similar model. If someone comes across one, please tell me!!!
You did it in more places than just trees.
Give us a watchable cinematic; these pictures mean virtually nothing.

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
these are the screenshots of my first 6 cameras - I don't have anything to give you yet!!!! Should soon be able to give you something though, maybe some time tomorrow.

Could you tell me what I was spamming, so I can see if I can change it? Thanks.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Knight, don't be so mean. Your cinematic isn't that good right now. Terraining means a lot for cinematics, that's the point of a cine/movie (part of it...), so you should terrain more. And that's not spamming doodads. What doodad is spammed there?

Can't wait for this. :thup:

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Love the terrain! Keep the hard work up:thup:. Can't wait to see it^^

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
thank you guys !!! I hope It won't take too long... I'm trying my best, but its my first time, so don't heighten your expectations yet ;)

Knight7770

Reaction score
Knight, don't be so mean.
I say what I think of it. Isn't that the point of this thread?
Your cinematic isn't that good right now.
:mad:
Terraining means a lot for cinematics, that's the point of a cine/movie (part of it...), so you should terrain more.
What do you mean?
And that's not spamming doodads. What doodad is spammed there?
Maybe it's not excessive spamming... I just don't like it when there are enough doodads in a given area so that it seems like you're supposed to be distracted from the crappy terrain.
Can't wait for this.
Can't wait to see it^^
You don't even know what it's about...

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
what is so "crappy" about the terrain? You need to tell me, so i can fix it. The trees, are not purposely spammed, I just put too many. The trees are on a big mountain that took me quite a while to make, all with many various doodads sprinkled on it. But your right, this post is for everyone to give their opinion, and help me improve. Thanks Knight.

Please tell me whats wrong with it, so I can fix it!

Knight7770

Reaction score
Please tell me whats wrong with it, so I can fix it!
The visible terrain is too flat.
But your right, this post is for everyone to give their opinion, and help me improve. Thanks Knight.
You're more than welcome.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
>I say what I think of it. Isn't that the point of this thread?
Yes but you can still try to be more kind, especially when your criticising someone.

>You don't even know what it's about...
I say what I think of it. Isn't that the point of this thread?
From what I can see of the screenshots it looks real nice. It even inspired me to start my own cinematic.
Knight what has hapend to you? You usally are very friendly and kind but lately...

Knight7770

Reaction score
Knight what has hapend to you? You usally are very friendly and kind but lately...
  • Lack of sleep
  • Hero contest
  • School
  • School
Sorry if I offended anyone :eek:

S

Skitz_24

You're stressed, makes sense :D

Anyway I am looking forward to the completion of this, it looks entertaining :p

Knight7770

Reaction score
Anyway I am looking forward to the completion of this, it looks entertaining
I am as well; it's good to see new cinematics :thup:

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Oh, I want to make a comment on that spamming doodads comment, uhm...yo dude, all good terrains have spammed doodads. As for the terrain, make a bit more 'hilly' and add some grass doodads, and maybe change the size variation of the trees, some are too big.

Also, you should add like 2 trees in the battlefield, because trees on those little mountains doesn't fit in. Other than that, this looks like it can be a good piece of work. Good job so far.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.