[Cinematics] Changing Camera

Kiwi_Jesus

Reaction score
I want to go from looking at my guy then someone starts saying something about the undead surrounding the base then i just want a basic pan view (left to right of the base) then back the the guy talking.

For some reason the camera pans from the guy talking to the ending zone of the base, i need some help

+rep for helpers you will be included in campaign credits.

Code:
Cam001
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
        Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply Cam001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of Pan To King <gen>) over 5.00 seconds
        Wait 6.00 seconds
        Unit - Create 1 Medivh for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Create Scout <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of Talk to King <gen>)
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Scout Captain: Play No sound and display My Leige..  Modify duration: Add 0.20 seconds and Wait
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Admiral Proudmoore 0000 <gen> named King Brutus Swiftbl...: Play No sound and display What is it?.  Modify duration: Add 0.40 seconds and Wait
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
        Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
        Wait 0.01 seconds
        Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply without panning Cam002 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.01 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of Undead Cam002 Pan To <gen>) over 6.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Scout Captain: Play No sound and display The surrounding are....  Modify duration: Add 1.00 seconds and Wait
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Scout Captain: Play No sound and display From what I have fo....  Modify duration: Add 1.00 seconds and Wait
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Admiral Proudmoore 0000 <gen> named King Brutus Swiftbl...: Play No sound and display Captain!, assemble ....  Modify duration: Add 0.75 seconds and Wait
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Captain 0001 <gen> named Captain: Play No sound and display Yes Sire..  Modify duration: Add 0.45 seconds and Wait
        Unit - Order Captain 0001 <gen> to Move To (Center of Captain Walk To <gen>)
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of Scout Walk To Finish <gen>)
        Unit - Order Admiral Proudmoore 0000 <gen> to Move To (Center of King Walk To Finish <gen>)
        Wait 4.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Fade out over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Skip dialogs, Skip scores)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try changing the event ot "Elapsed game time becomes 0.01 seconds"
Running a cinematic at Map init can be strange. (Map Init is when the map is actually loading, and the loading screen is up)

Kiwi_Jesus

Reaction score
Okay, I got it, I will include you both in the credits of campaign, I figured it out myself though. It took a little while....what i did was turned the letterbox and cinematic modes off and on again and just applied a different camera.

Code:
Cam001
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Camera - Apply Cam001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of Pan To King <gen>) over 5.00 seconds
        Wait 6.00 seconds
        Unit - Create 1 Medivh for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Create Scout <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of Talk to King <gen>)
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Scout Captain: Play No sound and display My Leige..  Modify duration: Add 0.20 seconds and Wait
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Admiral Proudmoore 0000 <gen> named King Brutus Swiftbl...: Play No sound and display What is it?.  Modify duration: Add 0.40 seconds and Wait
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
        Wait 0.01 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of Undead002 Pan From <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of Undead Cam002 Pan To <gen>) over 6.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Scout Captain: Play No sound and display The surrounding are....  Modify duration: Add 0.50 seconds and Wait
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Scout Captain: Play No sound and display From what I have fo....  Modify duration: Add 1.00 seconds and Wait
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Wait 0.01 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of Pan To King <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Admiral Proudmoore 0000 <gen> named King Brutus Swiftbl...: Play No sound and display Captain!, assemble ....  Modify duration: Add 0.75 seconds and Wait
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Captain 0001 <gen> named Captain: Play No sound and display Yes Sire..  Modify duration: Add 0.45 seconds and Wait
        Unit - Order Captain 0001 <gen> to Move To (Center of Captain Walk To <gen>)
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of Scout Walk To Finish <gen>)
        Unit - Order Admiral Proudmoore 0000 <gen> to Move To (Center of King Walk To Finish <gen>)
        Wait 4.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Fade out over 1.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Skip dialogs, Skip scores)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cinematic mode can be used at Map Initialization. I think I have used it before.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.