Cluster Rockets or Similar Abilities

Dangime

Reaction score
I am working at producing a set of abilities that essentally are putting on a good light show, while the real figures are calculated in triggers. Artisticly, Cluster Rockets came into my mind, since it has the ability to produce any number of missiles from the standard art sets, as far as I can tell.

But there's a problem with cluster rockets in my case. Cluster rockets targets an area, and even if I change the area to 0, it doesn't revert into a normal unit targetting type of skills. Alot of my triggers need to know what they are shooting at for the damage to calculate properly, but cluster rockets doesn't return a value for a "being targeted by ability" condition.

So basicly, is there a way to force cluster rockets to target a unit, or are there any other skills with the Data - Missile count field that do that I missed?

Alternatively, you could share your hints for making flashy looking abilities. Multiple missiles, flashes, etc. Thanks!

T

The_Prophet

Base your ability off a single target spell, like say frenzy, and then run a trigger that creates a dummy unit and have that dummy unit cast cluster rockets at the target.

Rad

Reaction score
Or make a dummy unit cast the ability again, then do that again, and again and it will fire, say 3 stormbolts?

MooMooMan

Reaction score
he wants more than one explosion, therefore acid bomb wouldnt wurk.

maybe youcould just edit a string from saying"area" to"target"
then restarting the editor and seeing wat happens? this should let you target the unit with it instead of an area.

D

Deathshadow

and u cant just use mine why??? it works and it shoots cluster rockets so its more than one. just download it ull see.

Sargon

Reaction score
He doesn't neccessarily want rockets, just things acting like it. Or maybe he does, but the ability you linked to is not what he wants.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.