Combined Research System

TheSpoon

Reaction score
I'm working on a project,
And I'm trying to develop a shared research system.
But I've had no success so far, everything I've tried has a flaw :C

This is what I'd like it to feature:
- 2 players
- If one of the players completes a research, then the other also gains that research. (easy)

Now the hard part:
- While the one player is researching something, it is disabled for the other player. So they don't accidently research the same thing.
- Alternatively, if a player finishes researching something thats already been completed by the other player (ie, if the 2nd player starts researching during the time the 1st player is searching), then they are refunded when they finish the 'redundant research'.
- Alternatively again, when the 1st player finished their research, it is cancelled for the 2nd player.

You don't need to do it for me, maybe just point in me in the right direction.
Its just.. everything I try seems to lead to a dead end D:
Thanks in advance!

canons200

Reaction score
oh, i make that before, but it have kinda lot of work. but should be easy if only for 2 players. See below, you need to have 2 upgrade for each player. they use same upgrade but because of different player force, you need to upgrade them 2 times.

I use "sell unit" to detect the trigger event,

condition, first condition >>sell unit = your unit(make it locust, remove model, so it never show up in the map, and it is instant)
second condition >> (Current research level of (your research, name is X) for Player 1 (Red)) Less than or equal to 9..........................[assuming level 10 is max]

then action >>> Player - Set the current research level of (X) to ((Current research level of X for Player 1 (Red)) + 1) for Player 1 (Red)
...........[AND ALSO YOUR SECOND PLAYER]...........
second action Player - Set the current research level of (X) to ((Current research level of X for Player 2 (Blue)) + 1) for Player 2 (Blue)

Else action>>add (upgrade gold) to owner of selling/triggering

TheSpoon

Reaction score
Make two copies of every research?
Yeah I guess would make it possible.
Only problem is I would need to make a copy of every unit in the whole race o.o

canons200

Reaction score
no need, for example, you want a upgrade that raise 50 damage per upgrade. So you simple create a new upgrade, and add those upgrade to all unit you want. While in the normal mode, due to the fact they are different player, so if player 1 upgrade the damage, player 2 won't get.

So what you need to do is further upgrade player 2 upgrade by using trigger

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.