Comments about my map idea

ExplodingHit

Reaction score
Or more like comments about the map I am making. I've made about quoter of it.

Well, I've played a gazillion boring Diablo TDs where for example Blessed Hammer is just another tower that doesn't do anything special, but I'm creating a Diablo TD where all towers are just like they are on D2 (or slightly modified to fit a TD, or the original idea was REALLY hard to make.) and the damage of physical towers is based on the weapon damage and strength of the hero builder.

You can also level up your skills (= towers ) and for that you will get 2 lumbers (=skill points) each round. In my TD you won't build with gold, but with food (=mana) instead. Gold is used to buy weapons. You will get 2 food each round, but you can also put attributes to energy to get mana 1-4 from each point depending on your class. I will also use leak counting waypoints so the leaderboard will show leaks instead of kills.

I also tried to make the terrain intresting with new shapes and enough waypoints. There is an attack rating system too so if you don't have enough of it, you will leak.

The map requires a lot of work, because all the towers need triggers and researches and there are a lot of trigger based abilities, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get bored of it because most of the time I get bored of my game in like a week, but I've been making this a couple of weeks and still doing it. Balancing will also be hard.

Whoops it went kinda long :D :cool:

Hellohihi

Reaction score
Or more like comments about the map I am making. I've made about quoter of it. Well, I've played a gazillion boring Diablo TDs where for example Blessed Hammer is just another tower that doesn't do anything special, but I'm creating a Diablo TD where all towers are just like they are on D2 (or slightly modified to fit a TD, or the original idea was REALLY hard to make.) and the damage of physical towers is based on the weapon damage and strength of the hero builder. You can also level up your skills (= towers ) and for that you will get 2 lumbers (=skill points) each round. In my TD you won't build with gold, but with food (=mana) instead. Gold is used to buy weapons. You will get 2 food each round, but you can also put attributes to energy to get mana 1-4 from each point depending on your class. I will also use leak counting waypoints so the leaderboard will show leaks instead of kills. I also tried to make the terrain intresting with new shapes and enough waypoints. There is an attack rating system too so if you don't have enough of it, you will leak. The map requires a lot of work, because all the towers need triggers and researches and there are a lot of trigger based abilities, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get bored of it because most of the time I get bored of my game in like a week, but I've been making this a couple of weeks and still doing it. Balancing will also be hard.

Whoops it went kinda long :D :cool:

Ur post needs some formatting.

Summoned

Reaction score
I think it may get a bit laggy if you made all the skills real D2 remakes. Every missile will be a sliding unit, and things tend to get laggy when you have too many sliding units going on at the same time.

ExplodingHit

Reaction score
Well I'm not making it that much like D2, but I keep the basic idea of the skill. For example charged bolt will be a tower with multishot and corpse explosion will explode a corpse.

Silver

Reaction score
So what's your question?
If there is none, then this thread is supposed to go in Member's Projects.

Good luck, nonetheless. I like diablo maps.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>Every missile will be a sliding unit, and things tend to get laggy when you have too many sliding units going on at the same time.

In GUI, yes. When made with the most efficient methods, you can have a thousand units falling from the sky and rolling down hills without lag.

I want to see stuff flying everywhere!

ExplodingHit

Reaction score
>Every missile will be a sliding unit, and things tend to get laggy when you have too many sliding units going on at the same time.

In GUI, yes. When made with the most efficient methods, you can have a thousand units falling from the sky and rolling down hills without lag.

I want to see stuff flying everywhere!

Yeah... but I got GUI stuck in my brain so hard, because i started making maps with GUI when i was something like 11 years old :D well i know the basics of JASS and understand how it works, but my JASS triggers only cause a shitload of errors.

and for silver, I'm new to forums so I didn't think about anything :D so yeah. I guess this belongs to members projects then.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.