Computer Explosions

B

Bloodshed344

I was playing Warcraft 3 on my new AoS map I made, just messin around n bug testin then my Cd Drive BLEW UP! It literally exploded, no fire, no melting, it just blew up and shattered Warcraft 3 into bits and shot it everywhere. So I'm kinda like WTF?!? o_O It wasnt even hot, I checked afterwards, and the metal part on which the disk spins doesn't even exist, no scraps of it. This was spontaneous bullcrap, and I was wondering, could this be somehow Wacraft 3's fault? This happened yesterday.

B

Bloodshed344

Hmm.... maybe but it is only like a year and a half old. It is just real wierd, I am getting another one soon and burning a copy of my friends warcraft 3 cd.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Bloodshed344 said:
I am getting another one soon and burning a copy of my friends warcraft 3 cd.

Please note that this forum doesn't support that ^^

Anyway, there is a internet myth that cd may 'explode' in the cd driver if they are damaged. Dunno if that is true...
It can happen at great speeds, the question is if the cd drive can make the cd spin that fast.
Conclusion: It's more likely that it was the cd's fault and not the drive, especially if that cd also was 'home made'.

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Mythbusters tested that. The Cd had to go 3 times the allowed speed to explode. ;)

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
CD explode

i had a cd explode and i was like WTF and i was pissed, but it wasnt wc3 i would be killing some one then....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.