Weird Cop shoots daughter mistaken as intruder

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
STRATFORD, Conn. - An off-duty New Haven police officer shot and critically wounded his 18-year-old daughter, apparently mistaking her for an intruder after she sneaked out of their Stratford home and re-entered through the basement.

Eric Scott, 41, on the New Haven force for nine years, has not been charged in the Tuesday shooting.

"Mr. Scott was under the impression his daughter had gone to bed for the night," Stratford Capt. Thomas Rodia said. "He did not expect his daughter to be outside or down in the basement."

-------------------
Bam, Bam, Bam - stop or I'll shoot! Horrible mistake this man will probably never live down.

Last edited:
Stupid whore was probably getting knocked up wherever she went.

If anything, I feel bad for the cop, not his daughter.

Why would you come through your basement? You have windows in your room for a reason...

Well, the window was prolly too high off the ground so she could get out but not in.

Well, there is her punishment for sneaking out anyway :p

Cop should've also forced her to identify herself. They're both at fault. One, a cop whose got a happy trigger finger and another who snuck out and came through the basement knowing her dad likes to shoot people.

Cop should've also forced her to identify herself. They're both at fault. One, a cop whose got a happy trigger finger and another who snuck out and came through the basement knowing her dad likes to shoot people.

That's bullshit. If a man has the right to carry a gun, and he is sure his family is in the house (he had no way of knowing his daughter would not be), and someone breaks in, he should ask for identification? Hell no, he should kill him right on the spot. It's not the man (being a cop isn't really significant) that's at fault.

"But I didn't know that it was...!!", best excuse ever.

Oh yes, first shoot - then ask, what an awesome attitude. You could, of course, first ask who is there. What do you have to lose? More than the life of your daughter? Doubtful.

I think it was actually him being in his own home with his family in "danger." But still if a cop had a hard time keeping cool then I would not want him to be a cop near where I live.

I can just imagion a few years from now.

(I just got pulled over for speeding)
(gun sound)
Sir, you were speeding.
OMG! He's dead.

Tough love. That's my philosophy. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to take a hard line with children.

That's bullshit. If a man has the right to carry a gun, and he is sure his family is in the house (he had no way of knowing his daughter would not be), and someone breaks in, he should ask for identification? Hell no, he should kill him right on the spot. It's not the man (being a cop isn't really significant) that's at fault.

Even the Make Your Day Law forces the man to ask the intruder to identify themselves.

NOBODY has th eright to shoot another human being without first making absolutely sure they know who they are, it's absolute ignorance to say what you said that.

He could've from around the corner demanded that they identify themselves, in that case if it was a mistaken identity it would've been solved. If it was a robber they obviously wouldn't and then he'd be excused.

Ever think that intruders may have a gun, and upon being confronted they shoot you? Douchebag.

At the very least, the guy should have called out "I have a gun" or something, to which the girl would have, obviously, responded to. Chances are he was tired, spooked and simply not thinking right, so I wouldn't say he was "at fault" as much as he was just seriously unlucky.

The girl, actually, was seriously unlucky. Then again, provided she survives, imagine the birthday she's gonna get to make up for it o_O

"Happy birthday, honey! Sorry I shot you!"

How much ya wanna bet she gets body armor?

LOL

Ever think that intruders may have a gun, and upon being confronted they shoot you? Douchebag.

I love how people like you justify un-announced defense, and abuse of firearms by saying "WELL my daughter could've had a gun and been a 6 foot tall intruder who was gonna kill me!"

People like you disgrace the constitution. There are a thousand ways he could've handled that situation while retaining his own safety. Instead he chose to shoot first - think last.

Please don't double post ^.^ You can edit your posts for a reason. I fixed it for you this time.

Blue - Watch it. Flaming = bad. Kinda like crack. But the point is to chill, this isn't a warzone, it's a discussion.

Maybe you should just type it when you first start your post, then delete it before you submit your post. Thats what I do lol :D

I wanna see how he could though. Was he just straight up infront of the door and aiming at the 'intruder' or was he hiding and had low visiblity?

Face it. He was trying to kill the boyfriend and ended up seriously wounding his own daughter....

LOL, wow that had me roll on my floor while laughing my ass off!

TH, don't make this mistake. Make sure you hit the guy and not your childeren :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.