copy pasting triggers question

DigimonArena

Reaction score
i heard you can copy paste a trigger from one map to the other

but somewhere alse i also heard it can fuck up all your current triggers...

so is it something to be done or not?

i dont have much triggers on the map im currently working on

just heros selection so can i?

also how do i do it???

and someone please answer my last question PLEAASEEE

how to add a model(sword) to a current model??

TomTTT

Reaction score
You ahh... "heard" it. Lol. You can ask another question in the same thread. Personally i don't think it screws up the triggers, cause i did it in my maps.
And to add a sword to a model, you mean Attachment,
You need to go to the model and add an attachment model, which you can use from existing ones or download some and import. Then you change the attachment point to wherever you want it. Lets say a sword, you want to attach it to the hand, so you do hand,right or hand,left.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ill try answering your second question in your thread about it. Don't ask again in another thread :eek:

About the trigger, if you do not have a lot of triggers with variables, or a lot of non-MUI triggers, there is no reason they will become "fucked up" if you paste another trigger from another map. You can simply right-click at a trigger, select copy, and then go to your other map and paste it!

There is also an option in the trigger editor to "Import" or "Export" ALL your trigger from one map to another!

Remember to select "Automatically create unknown variables when importing trigger data" in the map Preferences.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
The thing to remember is that when you import your triggers to a new map, all of the current triggers in that map will be deleted. But if you copy/paste them individually, you will be fine.

DigimonArena

Reaction score
mmm i got one more question can i import like groups of trigger
you now like to revive a hero on death
there are 3 different trigger under (revive Hero)
can i just copy and paste that?
also i cant seem to find this Automatically create unknown variables when importing trigger data
since my WE is in german and i dont speak german is quite hard...
thnks
is it under preferences
where you also change the map name
also what happends if i import a trigger without doing this

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
It is under File > Preferences > General Tab > 2nd Box from the bottom: "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data"

For copying groups of triggers, just try it and see if it works.

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1) If you don't have that checkbox enabled then it won't create the variables (Unit Group, Point, Integer Arrays, etc) when pasting the triggers = Will cause problems and invalidate the trigger.

2) For the opening multiple maps, it's easy. File -> Open. File -> Open. Repeat. Can do it a ton, I had seven maps open at once (ANd I do not recommend that since it can slow your WE down a bit :p )

3) If you don't speak German, why is your WE in German? *suspicion arises*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.