Creeps Unite!

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> At last... you post it. After such a long month

Not a long month, a YEAR. I started making this in May 2006, then left it idle, then this year, maybe January or February, I continued it again.

> ok if u like that then fine...

But if there are more people who don't like it, maybe I'll change it.

darkRae

Reaction score
> like what? don't understand this one...

Read previous posts...

And waaaks!, sorry, I've changed my mind again. When I tested the 2nd Volcano (The new Volcano has 30 sec cooldown and 80 duration. Damage become 175. Stun duration stays.) it became very weak. And 3 Volcanoes isn't good enough either. So I made it 20 sec cooldown 80 sec duration 250 damage 2 sec stun 8 sec interval. Even if a player stacks 4 volcanoes together, it will be hard for them to time it well. And note the 8 sec interval. Creeps can be hit, and then just leave the AoE of Volcano, and human players can even avoid getting near the volcano. So if they're unlucky, getting 250 damage is quite enough.

darkRae

Reaction score
[sorry for double-posting, but I feel like separating these two posts]

The update is released!
Creeps Unite! v1.01

Changelog for Creeps Unite! v1.01 :
- Added one more unit, "Chameleon" to the Dark Portal.
- Decreased all bounty rewards.
- Increased all lane creep armor by 1. (Footmen, Knights, Riflemen, Siege Engines, Owlbears, Ogres, Gnolls, Trolls)
- Decreased the limit of Lumber from 5 to .3
- Fixed and added some more things to the Quest / Info menu.
- Fixed Spot's visual effect.
- Increased Spot's cooldown from 1 to 6.
- Increased Spot's duration from 15 to 17.
- Fixed Emergency Jump's tooltip.
- Fixed Thunder and Lightning's tooltip.
- Fixed Mass Reproduction's tooltip.
- Increased Typhoon's attack cooldown from 2.5 to 2.6.
- Decreased Typhoon's damage from 108-220 to 105-190.
- Decreased darkR@e!'s cooldown from 125 to 110.
- Fixed the sky to Lordaeron Summer Sky.
- Increased Volcano's damage, each wave deals 250 damage (before : 200 damage).
- Decreased Volcano's duration from 120 seconds to 80 seconds.
- Decreased Volcano's cooldown from 25 to 20.
- Now trees show Birth animation when ressurected.
- Changed the tree resurrecting loop (periodic event) to every 8 minutes from every 5 minutes.

Download in the first page.

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Aight I tested. I used creep Ueki, vs alliance Shadowdancer.

No matter what units I get, it just dies before Shadowdancer's immolation in less than 10 seconds... Plus, he gets to buy forever-lasting items! I was practically shouting imba throughout the match...

>_> 5 creeps are always stronger than 1 Hero. The mirror images of Golem all died under Rae.

EDIT: Items > Creeps, because items help the hero kill the creeps, while the creeps die to a hero with an item. If you say that creep heroes can buy the items, why not change the location of the shops then... And items > creeps because they are everlasting, thats another point. Suggest nerfing the items or make them rented.

darkRae

Reaction score
Well, first of all....

Creeps are ever-lasting too, as long as you can send them to the fountain, which can be hard sometimes.

Rae is good in AoE nuking, for his Fan of Knives (Hidden Knives) and the Permanent Immolation that deal ridiculous damage (okay, maybe I'll nerf the Knives) And the darkRae form of Rae deals Chaos damage in splash (did he transform?)

I thought the items were very strong too, but I raised the price of the items a few versions (not uploaded) ago. Maybe I'll raise the price, and make a recipe system for each item (like DotA, so you can have some minor bonuses before getting the main item) Just wait.

If I change the shop's location, where's the challenge? You used Ueki, you could fly :p And if I'm supposed to change the location, where will it be?

Maybe in the future, I'll make creeps that silences spells.
(I told you I'm bad in balancing :D but there's people who can suggest, so I can try)

EDIT 1:
Maybe you picked the wrong creep to use. Each unit has its own purpose. Like the Ninja with uber-slowing-poison-attack to chase, Alpha Thunder to locate enemy positions, Beetle for tower-suicide mission. Have you tried the Assassin (the 1800 range Sniper) that attacks every 7 seconds and deal about 200 damage each shot? :D

EDIT 2:
By any chance, Kenoriga, do you remember what items he (owner of Rae) had that time when he owned you? (did you win?) Tell me so I can make some 'exclusive' nerf on that item. Also, tell me what nerf suits best for the items. Increase the price? Reduce the bonus? Or? (I alone cannot think of a good nerf)

N

NuBy

Hmm... It's a great map, BUT playing with the hero "God of War" because he looks cool, he is a little too powerful (I defeated a tower solo), but that is my opinion. And you should show the combination of items somewhere, because I had bought the boots and gloves and suddenly got a gem of haste, sorry if you put it somewhere else, because I couldn't see it.

An idea would be to decrease the amount of exp the creeps give, I think the heroes are getting too much exp and too quickly.

There are a 1 or 2 of similarities to your map and mine, it doesn't matter. But of course, you didn't mean to create something similar.

Finally, it isn't a bad map at all, can be balanced and improved. 7/10

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
!!! The morph is actually you? Yeah he did transform. I didn't know the name was Darkrae haha.

I dunno, cuz it seems that the humans have more accessibility to the item shop, and creeps more towards the creep shop. It seems more themed-based this way, but the items are still way overpowered, because they are "invulnerable", which means they are a good investment of gold since they are forever there... Think 5 beetles against one 1k item. (Unless my suicide creeps earn me more than what cost them, rarely.) I was thinking to have the shops at the left and right sides of the screen to promote equal accessibility, but since creeps are more for creeps and human are more for items, it should stay.

Just don't like the difference between investing in either. Only the golem was worth it, since it lasts long... BUT IT DIED TO YOU IN A MATTER OF SECONDS XD

There are alot of stuffs he bought... but it doesn't really matter really now that all my fuss are explained above :x

But its nice its nice, just a bit funny to see grass touching dirt on terrain =p You could try having Grassy dirt which connects both.

Can't imagine how the map would be like if its more than 1v1. =D

darkRae

Reaction score
@ NuBy

He can solo a tower because of his 2nd skill, am I correct? Well, if you say so. Maybe I should nerf it?
I told you there's some secret items. But that won't make a lot of imba, because the effects remain the same. Just to save item slots.
The Heroes level up too quick? That's early in the game. You'll finish the game in about 9-14 levels (my own experience) while the max level is 20. When your level is high enough, it took reaaaaally long to level up.
And, I have never seen any other AoS map that goes vertically except mine. Others go diagonally or horizontally.

@ Kenoriga

Well, if your friend finished the 10 Golems in seconds while in transformed mode, it is obvious because it is his Ultimate spell. Yes, it is me. Rae was my first internet nick. When I tried to join a forum, the name Rae has been used. So up until now Rae turned into darR@e or darkRae, because some forums don't accept special characters.
Your 5 suicide units won't give your money back. They deal crazy damage to towers (2 Kabooms = bye bye sweet tower) So it doesn't give money, it helps you push (if the suicide mission succeed) You can ambush an absent-minded player using it too if you're lucky (wtf 1000 damage) And lol hard seeing your opponent's Hero HP drop from green to red.
Turning Creeps Unite! into 1v1 will be a nightmare to me. Add players, rework triggers, fix more bugs (probably) and more balance issues OMG I don't think I can handle it.

Anyway, I nerved Raze for the moment and have to think more about 'what to nerf' for the items. :D

Thanks for the comments. Map-making is just like being a chef. If you add something just a few grams, it will affect the whole dish. And people will comment on it, mostly criticizing the taste. lol lol lol laughs at the faces of peoples
(I laugh at the face of danger hahaha - Goblin Zeppelin, WC3)

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just realised how to fully utilise the creeps... But dying alot of times to the 'itemed' hero wastes alot of gold actually, plus some heroes with items run alot faster than what my bombers can do... But I realised that they can indeed bomb towers, only in the 3rd game I play =p

Guess I better start learning how to manage the creeps well! And Chameleon, lol, I didn't know it was kind of transparent... until I saw some bunch of footmen attacking the ground XD

darkRae

Reaction score
lol The Chameleon eh? The Chameleon was a Hero before, but I deleted it in v1.00 and turn it into a unit in v1.01 because it would too imba for a Hero to be so transparent.

I remember yesterday I was chatting with my friends, then I sent them each a screenshot with a Chameleon in there. I presented them the game "Find the Chameleon" and none of them found where the Chameleon really was, rofl'd that time, haha.

Anyway, back to Creeps Unite, there are 2 types of Suicial-Kaboom-er units.
The Infernal Truck that has Perma Immolation, slow movement, and 1000 damage Kaboom. Next is the Demo Beetle that has Blink (wtf? imba?) Burrow and the same 1000 damage Kaboom. But the Beetle costs 5 times the Truck. Beetles cost 1000 each and Trucks cost 200 each. Just the difference in risks.

EDIT :
I'm curious about Lava Lord's Inferno and God of War's Lightning Armor. Does anyone else think it is too strong? I myself a bit uncertain about their balance.

darkRae

Reaction score
Is there any other people who would like to comment?
And, bump.

D

divine_cr0ss

Hmm...

Hmm... I tested the God of War's Lightning Armor... I don't think it's really an imba or so... I think it suits fine...

D

divine_cr0ss

Sorry Double Posting... =P

Hmm... Can I make suggestion, darkR@e? Can I make a Hero in your map? My ideas, but you're the one that'll edit or make it balance... Can I? If no, That's okay...

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
i think he need ideas too...

how about combining creeps unite and limit break
creeps unite = darkR@e
limit break = divine_cr0ss

joke

T

trygon11

that picture there. with the huge awter thing

damn dude thatd lag a crappy computer most likley lol

darkRae

Reaction score
@ Divine Cross
First of all, I like everything to be pure, so I don't like using other people's ideas. But everyone is welcome to give suggestion about buffs or nerfs.

@waaaks
What makes you think I need more ideas? Hmmm? lol XDDD

D

divine_cr0ss

Ok..

Okay then... I'll give you suggestion in the future, maybe... lol... :D

@ waaaks!
I guess my Limit Break and R@e's Creeps Unite... Hmm... Can't explain it...
'No comment'... :nuts:

darkRae

Reaction score
O_O
You double-posted, again.
Well, just wait for the next update, I guess.

Only Waaaks, Kenoriga, and Divine_Cross like this map, huh?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.