Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

R

Rensilk

does anyone had a good build for a melee. i use concentration,evasion,crit(or drunken brawler) and bash. but im at a lost when fighting the end game trees.
well when i use a melee hero i usually just get concentration, cleave, debilitation aura, crit, and then for my ultimate just get avatar..... for items just get executioner's blade dragonlance immortal's helm.... for the basics and then get any other item (i recommend recipes... and dont get any other orb effect... cuz then it disables the excutioner's blade)

R

Rensilk

sorry for the double post.... but as another option for killing the trees you could just do gamble... and then kill them seperately or just take control (with soul strip) of 5 wyverns...... they own trees pretty fast (as damage) and even faster you could have trueshot aura....... too bad the trees are spell-immune..... and oh for my past reply you could also get the cloak thingy that adds 2 or 3k armor.... really helps against trees XD two shields and one of the armor adds.. the maximum one.... oh yea by the way baka... the incinerate ability is kinda bugged.. becuse sometimes it doesn't register the damage that marine does.. or any other hero.... so right now i was trying to use incinerate, bash, crit, debilitation, and avatar..... but it's useless to me because incinerate doesn't do crap damage

Wolfsage

Reaction score
Well yeah, I know its wrong place... :rolleyes:

Boredom got to me, and i thought, well I don't really know WHAT I was thinking :nuts:

R

rmleloup

Hi, i'm new,

I've been trying out your v 1.42 and a more recent one that popped up (in WC3 online), v1.5

Did you actually create 1.5 or is it a "hacked" version that someone ripped from you? :(

I'd like to suggest that there be a wider variant of a 3 lane C HLW made? Especially if you can get 12 actual players and fix some memory leaks :) . Me and roommate have relatively 2-4 month old laptops... brand new still ish... :) And we've discovered unfortunately some memory leaks. I have 2gb ram + 4gb "vista speed enhanced usb thumb drive ram". While my roommate has 3gb. We get disconnected when we get SOOO many flippin units sometimes, it's so weird. But then again we've max'd the map out some times where we just lvl our dudes to the end of time... That's fun. I mean seriously we can get up there so high... even the end game units are "cough" weak... :)

Le_Loup

Reaction score
v1.5 is hacked off v1.4. I fixed a lot of things in the later versions, but v1.41 is more stable than v1.42.

A lot of people have suggested making CHLW 6v6, but in my opinion the effort remaking all the systems inside wouldn't be worth the end result..

I have been thinking of reterraining again though...

Wolfsage

Reaction score
I think most of your problem would be in the Laptop processor. I lag out of a whole lot of games when I mass send creep. But you eventually get used to it.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I just played a 1.42 game, me and the other guy got to the LAST tier and we were just spamming the tree.
Trees don't die - never!
Please do 1 of 2 things....or both.
1. Make an item (insane amount of other items and cash and wood needed) that gives like +1,000,000 attack damage.
2. Nerf the trees!

Reaction score
Lol? I haven't changed them since I took out their mirror image in v1.3e?
Their meant to be unkillable but there are still ways, damage return being the more popular and easier ones..
What settings were you playing on? They can be easily killed on normal, and with damage, and/or speed settings they will kill you easily. But if you just put armour and/or life, then you could be in for a little trouble killing them..

Besides its the strongest creep, you're not really meant to be able to kill them.. If the other team isn't dying give them a nice tornado.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Uhm, it was normal difficulty.
My enemy was only surviving because of statis traps.
Damage Return? I'll look into that.

Reaction score
On normal? With debilitation aura (-armour) you can hit it to death, but that takes a little time but can be done.
Lol stasis traps? This guy must know what he's doing.. Trees are all well and good, but on their on they're a bit slow, and often don't hit fast enough to counter lifesteal. So you need to mix in barges and wyverns for the stun and the extra damage since the trees need to walk around each other to hit the guy..

Prometheus

Reaction score
I was using them too, you should have it as a buyable item that combines into the Dragon Lance.

K

killdem

great game

i love playing this game. keep on making more versions. is 1.42 the newest one?
because i have seen v.1.5 around

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
not shure if its bin removed or not (havent played wc3 in ages), but my way of killing the tree is the use of the ulti that has the icon of a dice, the one that sets all the hp around you <and yourself> to 1 while stunning everything but yourself. Course ill either have immolation on or have tornados rdy to kill

Prometheus

Reaction score
1.5 is hacked, 1.41 is stabler then 1.42.

Edit: Maybe increase the creep call radius or agro radius so we won't get creeps on the edges of the lanes running off?

K

killdem

does the vampire aura skill stack with the explosion skill since hte vampire aura isnt orb effect
i also think team 2 has a bug. i dont think they can buy recipes in v1.42. the hero or the mule wouldnt get the item

Reaction score
not shure if its bin removed or not (havent played wc3 in ages), but my way of killing the tree is the use of the ulti that has the icon of a dice, the one that sets all the hp around you <and yourself> to 1 while stunning everything but yourself. Course ill either have immolation on or have tornados rdy to kill

It got nerfed against trees. It now only deals 50% of the trees current life.

1.5 is hacked, 1.41 is stabler then 1.42.

Edit: Maybe increase the creep call radius or agro radius so we won't get creeps on the edges of the lanes running off?

Yup, you know it.

If I increased the acquisition range any higher, the creep would cross lanes if there wasn't a hero in the current lane.

does the vampire aura skill stack with the explosion skill since hte vampire aura isnt orb effect
i also think team 2 has a bug. i dont think they can buy recipes in v1.42. the hero or the mule wouldnt get the item

Yes it works together. About the mule bug, I have no idea why it happens, it only started in v1.41 when I moved the shops in, and that was about it... No idea why it happens, just like the incinerate bug...

K

killdem

i think there is another bug with multi shot in v1.42, it doesnt work because my friend had it and it only did 1 shot. he was the gryphon hero.

Prometheus

Reaction score
I suggest you redue the multishot skill, maybe it'll work then.
A bug similar to it happened to me and thats what I did to fix it.

K

killdem

huh? redue the multishot? what does that mean..., i don't know most things like that

Prometheus

Reaction score
Delete the current ability and remake it, along with the item that gives you it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.