Dark Ritual

Mmage

Reaction score
Is there any way you can make it so that dark ritual is castable on things other than an undead unit?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Probably.
Try checking the Object Editor of the ability, for 'Targets Allowed' (or something similar to that), and check the classifications that you want.

Mmage

Reaction score
Ive done that but when i target someone it says it must be cast on a undead target.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, that skill is coded for Undead only. I tried using it before but it didn't work so I just based if off parasite... I think.

Mmage

Reaction score
Well then is there a way to change it so that it dosent say the target must be undead, and change it to the target must be a player-owned hero?

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No, the fact that it must be cast on an undead is hard coded into the game, as said before. Either base it off a different ability or add the undead classification to every unit.

oorosco

Reaction score
Double check under advance- game interface "text" and that's where a lot of error messages come from it might have a "target must be undead" message

Squishy

Reaction score
He wants to make the ability so it doesnt say its supposed to target undead. Not change the text when the ability is cast on a living unit.

oorosco

Reaction score
That's where the error messages come from, i don't even understand what you wrote either way-

Squishy

Reaction score
I know thats where the error message comes from. But I don't think that he is trying to change the error message to something else. He is trying to make the ability not have the requirement of only targeting undead.

Mmage

Reaction score
So i can change the error message in game interface, and it is impossible to make it target anything besides undead. Right?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Why not triggering it? Dark Ritual is the ability which converts life to mana, right?

Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to YourAbility <-- Make sure can cast on allies only
    Actions
        Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) x 0.50))
        Unit - Kill (Target unit of ability being cast)

If Dark Ritual is what I think it is then this should be the trigger for it. Else, please disregard this post. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.