Death Coil

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the effect death coil makes when it hits a target, like that green and black ballish effect. I've tried changing the effect to something else, but even then it seems to always be the death coil ball effect.
I thought it was possible to change that effect, is it? :p

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Which field do you change ? :eek:

You're supposed to change "Art - Special" ;)

(Note: This works :p)

Kangaxx

Reaction score
Um, i don't think it's possible to change the death coil ballish animation (just tested).
Your best shot is probably triggering a healing wave/chain lightning if you want the same effects.
At the above post: I've changed it and nothing happens. Though i'll try again.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
That one, and I have changed; but it still shows.
It's odd because I thought i figured out that it could be removed by replacing that effect, and I think it did work. But I don't exactly remember, plus this was before the patches if that could have effected anything. o_O

Komaqtion

Reaction score
@ Kangaxx: Huh ?! I just tested it !
(Btw, it's the "explosion" when it hits that he means, I think :p)

@ BRUTAL: Well... I just tested it, and no "explosion" when it hits for me...

Btw, did you change it into something else, or simply remove it ?
Because I removed it ...

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Interesting.
I changed it, because simply removing it would not work. I just tried removing the effect and it did not work. :(

Kangaxx

Reaction score
I tried removing it AND changing it into something still nothing happened. Maybe it has something to deal with older versions? Since i haven't updated to 1.24b.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Hmm...
Well, I'm not sure if it's a Newgen thing, though I really don't think so, lol XD

Wierd.....

TheCrystal

Reaction score
It may have that 'Aura buff' thing with some people/spells/editor versions, where it doesn't show at first then shows later (in this case the effect would be gone) or just works as intended. As others have said, the best case is to use a different spell. Chain Lightning I use if I haven't already renamed it with something else with the same unit (Order ID problems, Channel is best for fixing that but it can get annoying).

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Storm bolt creates a stun effect that can not be nulled, setting it to 0 makes it last Infinitely due to Blizzard's Update. This can be set to .01, but it also nulls channeling spells as well as pause a unit in mid-attack animation which can mean everything in a battle.
Hence why Chain Lightning is better since Death Coil isn't working for him.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Wait, are you saying the Missile causes the effect and the 'Special' is just some BS to mess with people?

TheCrystal

Reaction score
You're saying the 'Special' is hardcoded though, so do you mean the Death Coil missile effect itself is causing the default Special to appear even though it isn't there? Am I able to assume that we can change these effects say to "Missile - Something.mdl" and "Special - none.mdl" and have it not show the death effect of the vanilla spell?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.