Snippet Detect Physical / Magical DMG

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello!

Some time ago I was looking for a system that allowed me to detect if the DMG done were physical or magical. I found a couple of systems but they all included orb effects. So, now I made my own EXTREMELY simple system to detect this.
Here are the triggers:

Code:
Add Unit to Physical DMG Group
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Add (Attacking unit) to Physical_DMGGroup

Code:
Remove Unit From Physical DMG Group
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from Physical_DMGGroup

A system of example usage is attached to the map. :)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Units like priests deal magical damage. If they attack an enemy, this 'system' would count it as physical damage, when it's really magical damage. Tell me, how could I find use in a 'Detect Physical or Magical damage system' that detects everything as physical? :thdown:

Leazy

Reaction score
I did not keep that into my calculations. Then, lets call this Attack / Spell DMG detection? I really think that detecting if a unit is victim of a attack or a spell is what people mostly want to do.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Way too inaccurate for my liking, and such inaccuracy does make it's use limited. I can attack with a ranged unit, cast a spell, and my attack will be registered as spell damage. Same applies if you cast a spell, issue an attack order, spell damage is registered as attack. If you have a map that requires people to switch back and forth between spells/physical attacks, you've got a problem on your hands

I found a couple of systems but they all included orb effects
And for good reason - orb effects are the only way of doing it properly (everything else can be 'tricked'), and it's quite simple to imitate all orb effects.

Slow, Poison, Corruption -> All can be handled by Acid Bomb
Slow (Frost) -> Frost Nova
Lifesteal -> Simple triggering
Orb of Lightning/Slow -> Simple triggering (i.e. Random integer between X and Y less than...)
Orb of Fire -> Again, more simple triggering (Pick Every Unit in X range of...)
Autocasts -> Use an on/off spell like Immolation, Defend, that sorta stuff

Leazy

Reaction score
Your right. I never thought about the ranged units. I agree with you that this system is useless.

Leazy

Reaction score
Nope, I got nothing against you doing that

DiFm

Reaction score
well good or bad I havn't Found any Damage detection Systems Could someone Link me to one. And Yes I have searched for it.

And i have 1 quick question.. wont this mess up any other orb effects. IF the unit has lifeleach item. then use this system will the lifeleach effect dissapear?.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
This system doesn't use orb effects. In fact, it doesn't even work properly.

Check the systems forum, not the graveyard.

DiFm

Reaction score
I know this system doesn't And I just said I've searched for a damage detection system in all the forums. and haven't found any so could someone link me to one?

the question refers to a damage detection system that uses orb effects bad explained by me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.