Dialog newb question.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
ok so I barely ever use dialogs. And I got 2 questions.
1. Is there a way to offset a dialog box and change its size and shape, maybe even offset it?
2. And also is it possible to continue the game while you have a dialog on your screen?

heres what im asking.

Code:
traditional dialog
  |----|
  |    |
  |----|

one I want to make, offset to the left of the screen.
|-|
| |
| |
|-|

I realize this an extremely noobish questing, but im hoping you guys can be understanding that I just dont use dialogs.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
that pretty much sums it up. lol ty now i can act all kewl when ppl ask about dialogs =P +rep

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
On 2., note that dialogs stop the game completely in single-player.
On bnet, the game goes on just normally and only the player that is currently seeing a dialog is limited to selecting an option.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
If the screen never moves, it could be possible to use Fade-Filters and trackable beside each other...

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
when i wrote that, i was thinking of games that had inventory take up 1/4 of the side of the screen, if that was possible, that would be awesome O-o

Renendaru

Reaction score
Those use trackables I think... They might've created a grid across the area where they are looking.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
lol no i meant games outside of wc3, ive never seen it done in wc3, the best one ive seen is TKOK's inventory system, but you can not use it while moving your character and such (cuz it uses a specific part of the map as trackables)

Renendaru

Reaction score
A system that uses dynamic graphics has 'moving menus'. It has these screen that act as UI and modify the dimensions of the graphic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.