disable warcraft single player cheats

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Dummy player gold I don't think will work...
As far as I experienced, gold and lumber cheats effect all players.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Thats why because all players is affected it will work because you can detect how much gold the dumy got

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
If the dummy gets 1 million gold then player's gold will be 0. Which is why I disapprove of what you said. ;) Reversing the effects are enough, don't have to punish the player.

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
i so did not know about the anti cheat system :eek:...prolly shoulda looked huh? edit...after looking..i dont want to crit the map o_O i just dun want them to cheat >.< edit..again... but ...its in single player so why the hell should i care? :D

sharkbait:
yeah i see what your saying, and im sure i could work something out with it....but to use a player spot just for disabling cheats...seems...far fetched? but.....does neutral hostile/passive get gold from this? :eek: if so...then bam...just take away however much gold the player got from everyones gold....thereby setting it back to normal >.> that could work...but iuno.

sevion:
what? i just didnt quite understand what you were talking about with:
If GoldToAdd>1000000-CurerntGold then it will bug. Even if it's larger by 1. And I doubt anyone would take time to go "OK, my gold is XXX. 1000000-XXX=YYY. So: greedisgood YYY".
and:
But what if he does: His Gold (let's say 10) + Gold To Add (999999999, or some number whose sum is greater than max) > Max If you subtract 999999999, he has 0 gold instead of 10.

I'm not even sure if you can set a variable to their previous gold before it sets it higher. You would probably have to use a timer and set a variable to their gold and do the math afterward. If you need help with the math, then ask. I'm too lazy to write it out right now. I'm hungry XD

do you mean that if the player were to type greedisgood(99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999) that it would be stored as the variable anyway, then setting the players gold to 0? well im pretty sure the first event you could put in the trigger would be to set current gold to a temp_integer then the last action being to set players gold to temp_integer :/ thereby making it not matter how many numbers they put in there...

weege:
If they can deportect the map then why do anything at all?
it is inevitable that maps are hacked, especially rpgs of any sort...usually ends up some place like wc3edit.net :/ but there arent many ppl who can hack maps.... so by adding a system that disables cheats in single player, im sure 99 of any 100 ppl that play it will just give up and play it normally >.>

and in Kitabatake's words:

Originally Posted by Dr Super Good
if you disable cheats, you simply force people to take your map appart and renable them via 4-5 minutes of trigger editing (protection efforts can not stop that at all)
Hahahaha! Now THAT is ridiculous! :D
If people are willing to hack the map only to be able to spoil their own gaming experience then they deserve it!

But if you leave the cheats enabled, you encourage players to resort to them when they face a difficult situation, thus leading to the game experience being spoiled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ug dude..im tempted to just disable saving in single player >.> then they can have the ten seconds of fun with there cheats but not be able to save it.... but then what about the ppl playing single player on b.net?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
It's simple. I'm arguing with Romek right now, so I'll be back later with an explains ^_^

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
BEST IDEA EVER RIGHT HERE!!! ------> (idk if someone already said this but..) make a trigger so at the beginning of the game (or a few seconds in) it checks to see if there's more than 1 user that is playing and if there's only 1 user that is playing then defeat them. :thup:

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
lol...that is litterally what i was JUST doing....... right before i thought...

"hmm...wonder if anyone has replied yet...."

but i wont defeat then, ill just simply disable the trigger that saves the hero. so they can still cheat and go exploring and shat, BUT are unable to save it.

however...im having trouble figuring out how to set the number of USER players into a variable...anyone got any ideas?

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
lol...that is litterally what i was JUST doing....... right before i thought...

"hmm...wonder if anyone has replied yet...."

well i didnt read anything but the first few posts on page 1

but i wont defeat then, ill just simply disable the trigger that saves the hero. so they can still cheat and go exploring and shat, BUT are unable to save it.
however...im having trouble figuring out how to set the number of USER players into a variable...anyone got any ideas?

I say just defeat them so they can't use cheats

Trigger:
  • Set Users
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Player_Count = (Number of players in (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Player_Count Equal to 1
        • Then Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All Players) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Game - Defeat (Picked Player) with the message: No single player ya noob!
        • Else - Actions
          • Do Nothing

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
lol what i mean by me JUST DOING THAT is that before i read your post i started doing that and ran into the problem of setting the variable, so i decided to check the posts...and lol...there was yours :D

zomg thx :] i think ill just do that i would redp you and everyone else here, but im having trouble repping some of you because i already have in previous posts not long ago :) and nu >.> ill just make everything they do in vein....

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
lol what i mean by me JUST DOING THAT is that before i read your post i started doing that and ran into the problem of setting the variable, so i decided to check the posts...and lol...there was yours :D

zomg thx :] i think ill just do that i would redp you and everyone else here, but im having trouble repping some of you because i already have in previous posts not long ago :) and nu >.> ill just make everything they do in vein....
now i get what you mean! np, I'm always glad to help people with any question for WE (no guarantees! there's a LOT I do not know, but there's also a LOT I do know/can figure out, so just ask!)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Scratch anything that has to do with registering text. It doesn't work. I forgot about that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.