disable warcraft single player cheats

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
its easy to just make the trigger that is like
Trigger:
  • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring

or w/e , but is there a simpler way to disable them all?(in single player, not on b.net)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Try searching.

And why would you want to? It ruins the fun, personally, I hate maps that have disable cheats. (Unless it's an ORPG or something)

No you can't stop them, unless you could maybe edit the MPQ and change the cheats? Or someone could then open it and find out the cheats and know what to type!

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have EGUI (Enhanced Graphical User Interface) and with it you can do this
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Game - Set Cheats to Off

Other than that, there's no way to remove any cheats

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
yes, it is an orpg, and i get alot of prolems w/ different things in egui so i just stay clear as much as i can...but i guess if anything i could use it thx for the help :]

Zaraf

Reaction score
Why not just make it that people cannot play in single player? That's what most ORPGs do.

asipo

Reaction score
Err..
usually rpg have a save code
Disable the save if the user is using the cheat

Count as the cheat is for fun and exploring the game
and the real playing was using his own code

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
i guess as a last resort i could make it multiplayer only....but that gets kinda lame... people do grow tired of other people ever once in a while.But i suppose if it actually gets out there will be a hacked one with single player enabled. prolly on wc3edit.net >.> its like everything ends up hacked there.

and...sry i dont understand anything you are saying asipo >.>
edit- OH ok i understand it now after reading it a few times. and that is quite a nice idea...but i dont know how to make the event work as posted in the top. what is the event for a cheat that has 999999999 different versions? could type greedisgood or greedisgood(1) all the way up to like...was it 99999999? just one gold from one million....

wasnt the other cheat like kaiserhose or something? iuno....

asipo

Reaction score
Hmm, u were right.. the substring cant detect the cheat code
But i saw this feature in NOTD map

And dont know how to solve it...

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Well for the greedisgood cheat you will need a dumy player with 0 gold and if he gets gold you know the cheat is used then detect how much the dumy player has and subtract it from his gold and player 1 gold

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
But what if he does: His Gold (let's say 10) + Gold To Add (999999999, or some number whose sum is greater than max) > Max ;) If you subtract 999999999, he has 0 gold instead of 10. ;)

I'm not even sure if you can set a variable to their previous gold before it sets it higher. You would probably have to use a timer and set a variable to their gold and do the math afterward. If you need help with the math, then ask. I'm too lazy to write it out right now. I'm hungry XD

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
No you use the dumy players current gold. Besides if he wants to cheat who cares if he loses all his gold

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
He doesn't want to punish the player, just disable cheats, as far as I can tell.

And if you use the dummy player's gold, it's still going to give him 0.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
If GoldToAdd>1000000-CurerntGold then it will bug. Even if it's larger by 1. And I doubt anyone would take time to go "OK, my gold is XXX. 1000000-XXX=YYY. So: greedisgood YYY".

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
But just like the review said inside the link HydraRancher put, Pepole can just Deportect your map and take it apart :(

However If you have a very good map protection then the system could be very useful

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
If they can deprotect the map why cant they just add some lame cheat like -moneyz which gives 99999999 gold?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.