Disabled Spellbook

substance

Reaction score
So I have an passive aura ability based off devotion aura. I dont want the icon to show up in the unit's spellcard when it is given the ability so I thought i'd go with the disabled spellbook trick.

If im not mistaken this works by putting the passive ability in the spellbook and then giving the unit the spellbook ability. OH and you have to disable the spellbook ability for all players at map init (using 'call SetPlayerAbilityAvailable(p,'A005',false)' I assume)

My question is, how you you change the level of the passive ability on the unit? I would assume changing the level of the spellbook ability for the unit wouldnt work so would you change the ability level of the passive ability for the unit? (even thought he technically doesnt even have it).

I'd test this but I'm at work so i figuired i'd get you guys's help =p.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> I'd test this

Yes, do test it, but if it's unsuccessful, maybe you could take the spell out of the spellbook, level it up, then put it back in. Also you could try making more than one ability, each one better than the last instead of having separate levels. Then you should be able to remove one and replace with a better one.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Is that even possible?

I don't know. You'd have to give the ability to the unit, then level it up, but I don't know if the level would stay when you put it in the spellbook.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can just use the triggers to level it up, i.e [set level of "your ability" to current level of "your ability" + 1]

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I'm pretty sure you can just use the triggers to level it up, i.e [set level of "your ability" to current level of "your ability" + 1]

Actually, you have to specify a unit:

Code:
Unit - Set level of <Ability> for <Unit> to 1

Reaction score
> I'm pretty sure you can just use the triggers to level it up, i.e [set level of "your ability" to current level of "your ability" + 1]

Actually, you have to specify a unit:

Code:
Unit - Set level of <Ability> for <Unit> to 1

well yeah, but i assume he wants it when the hero learns a dummy skill so he can add tooltips etc etc,

so you can simply reference the unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.