Health Doctors discover 'super honey' with amazing power to treat wounds and kill superbug infections

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
article-0-0EB0E1F900000578-590_310x463.jpg

A new honey has been produced that has had ‘amazing’ results treating wounds and infections.

The bio-engineered product Surgihoney was tested on babies, new mothers, cancer patients and the elderly for over a year in Hampshire hospitals.

Wounds and ulcers, including those infected with the superbug MRSA, healed within days, while the number of women who suffered infections after giving birth by caesarean section has halved.

It has also healed the wounds of soldiers returning from Afghanistan, and been used to treat acne and to protect the skin of cancer patients fitted with a catheter for chemotherapy.

Dr Matthew Dryden, consultant microbiologist at the Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said: ‘It will revolutionise wound care around the world.’

Last edited:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everything "super" these days? Did we not yet reach the days of MEGA?!
Or ULTRA maybe?

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
How much? Take my money. I'm sure it tastes delicious or something.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, I don't disagree. Honey is good for many things.
But it taste yuck and the smell bad! lol

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. *ahem* I mean.... This seems like a grand idea. We should really look into developing this further so that we can aid the medical field whilst keeping the hippies content.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Except super bugs would just become immune after a while right?

Possibly. If the bugs can adapt to whatever is in it that kills it. The good thing about Synthetic or Lab made honey is they can easily alter the formula and that might allow them to be able to change the stuff before the bugs have a chance to adapt...

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Possibly. If the bugs can adapt to whatever is in it that kills it. The good thing about Synthetic or Lab made honey is they can easily alter the formula and that might allow them to be able to change the stuff before the bugs have a chance to adapt...

The more they change the formula, the harder and harder it is to make it stable and useable. This results in higher costs, which is also why making new types of penicillin is difficult

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The more they change the formula, the harder and harder it is to make it stable and useable. This results in higher costs, which is also why making new types of penicillin is difficult

Even so, that method will be able to increase the amount of time that treatment can be effective. If the bugs are just going to adapt though it would not be a long term solution for that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.