Does too much doodads affect slow computers

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Okay, so I have made a terrain bombarded with doodads, does this cause a significant effect to the possibilities of lagging and adds too much loading time. I've actually reached the maximum doodads.

LAazsx

Reaction score
Hmm not sure about the loading time but for the lagging time, it really dependes on the player's system. Too much cinematics will definitly slow any system.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Oh, I have them placed in a very packed manner, using the shift and placing trees all around. So that means I have to reduce them, I want the slow computers to play this game too. Thanks for the response everyon :D

Rhadamanthus

Reaction score
Sometimes it will slow your computer down but if it does or doesnt theres a very simple way to cheak

Open a map

add some units and see how fast it goes

Put as many doodads as you can

cheak again

if its slower than before the yes it does slow down your computer

Lghtofthmoon

Reaction score
Compared to other events happening on-screen, doodads contribute very little to lag. I would be more worried about large amounts of unit and heavy animations for combat and abilities. For doodads, though, as long as you aren't hitting the limit I don't see why you can't load them on screen... just don't make them look obnoxious and delete doodads you don't need. :)

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Yes, it aboslutely can. If you use any sort of terrain deformation spell (shockwave is one, carrion swarm is not) with a map chock full of doodads, you're asking for hell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.