EMP Bomb Impact (delay)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope 1 of the advanced editors know this:

I gave my marauders a 'EMP search' when their punisher grenade strikes
I programmed the EMP to deal a quantity of damage instead of taking away shields/energy

Now this works all fine exept this:

Units are taking damage before the EMP Bomb even explodes which creates a bad effect in the game

Question 1: does anyone knows how I can put some delay in the damage? (like 0.5 seconds)
Question 2: if I put radius '2' in the search effect, does the bomb contains a field of 2x2 or 4x4 then? (I want to put a field of 4x4)

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
1) You can add a delay by creating a new Create Persistent type effect. Set the Effect: Effect - Final property to your damage effect, set the Effect: Period Count to 1, and add one duration to the Effect: Period Durations + property and set it to the delay that you want (i.e 0.5). Now find the effect that calls the damage in the EMP and replace it with this Create Persistent effect you have just created.

So instead of this:
EMP Effect -> Damage Effect
(The EMP effect calls the damage effect directly)​
it becomes this:
EMP Effect -> Create Persistent Effect -> Damage Effect
(The EMP effect calls the Create Persistent effect which calls the Damage effect)​

Does this make sense?

2) A radius of 2 means 4x4 but it will be a circle, not a square.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I created a persistent by right click in effect 'persistent' but there are so many fields I can set

So to be clear: Punisher Grenade launch missile - Punisher Grenade Set - EMP Search+Marauder Damage - EMP Persistent - EMP Damage?

Is this the right way I must program it?

Omg so complicated

Dave312

Reaction score
You only need to set the 3 fields I mentioned in my previous post the persisent effect.

That looks right to me.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
sorry but this all sounds to much complicated, I don't wanna mess up anything in the editor so all thinigs will fail

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
omg DAVE, I found it out, SO SIMPLE!

I created a behavior and set duration to 0.50 and just added the damage effect in the final effect !!

PFFFFF

Dave312

Reaction score
That will work too. Persistents work using a very similar way in that they both a initial, periodic and final effect/durations. In case though a persistent would be easier because it means that you only need to create 1 additional object rather than 2.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
yes I found the final effect in the persistent but I didn't find anything where I can set this delay of 0.5 seconds. No matters, it's ok now

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Behavior is NOT working because if 2 bombs explode at the same time, only 1 bomb deals damage

So I tried to create the persistent you explained me you FORGOT SOMETHING:

create persistent - target - value - 'target unit' and NOT 'target point'

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
yes I found the final effect in the persistent but I didn't find anything where I can set this delay of 0.5 seconds. No matters, it's ok now

set the Effect: Period Count to 1, and add one duration to the Effect: Period Durations + property and set it to the delay that you want (i.e 0.5).

Or if you still want to go with your behavior, you can change the maximum stack count on the behavior. The reason it doesn't work right now is because a unit can only have one of the behavior at the same time. If you increase the maximum amount of the behavior that can be on the unit at the same time, it'll work fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.