Entangled Gold Mine Error

Rarktor

Reaction score
Hello all, I have made a custom Entangled Gold Mine by making minor changes to the Entangled Gold Mine and its abilities. This new mine is gathered by a different custom unit rather than the Wisp. All the edited abilities were only changed from the Wisp to the custom unit. Everything works except that when my unit is ordered to gather from the edited mine in any way the "Mine is already entangled" error shows up but the unit still runs in and does its job like nothing happened. Looks like that error is falsely triggering, how do I stop it?

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You sure you didn't confuse Entangle Gold Mine and Entangled Gold Mine Ability?

If you are sure you didn't, start all over, create exact copies of the mine and Wisp, and change the things one-by-one, and test after each step.

Rarktor

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I didn't mix up Entangle Gold Mine and Entangled Gold Mine Ability but the "Mine is already Entangled" error seems to show up as soon as I edit the wisp. This is before I changed Load Wisp to allow my customized wisp in the mine. Changing Load Wisp to allow my unit permits gold gathering but still shows the error. I wonder if there is some kind of internal check in Game Constants or something for the mine itself that is conflicting? Doesn't that error usually appear when you tell a Tree of Life to entangle a mine that's already entangled?

Rarktor

Reaction score
Very little actually, mostly re-skinning and re-naming. The Tree of Life, Wisp, and Entangled Gold Mine have all been changed to corrupted ancient looks. The tree and mine were just re-skinned, the wisp's model was replaced with a re-skinned corrupted treant. All the abilities related to resource collection were copied then edited only to reflect the new names of the units with the exception of Load Wisp which had its "Data - Allowed Unit Type" changed from the wisp to the custom treant.

Faust

Reaction score
This sounds pretty odd, could you upload the map?
Or if you are insecure with that, try to recreate the problem in a test-map.

Rarktor

Reaction score
Sure, the map even has a start-up testing trigger to replace your units with my custom ones. Just load it up with no opponents and at about the same time as the victory shows up hit continue and the custom units will be there. You will need to select the Felgrove Tree of Life and right click the gold mine, then wait for it to finish entangling. When you order you Felgrove Treants to gather you will see my problem, "That mine is already entangled." (duh, stupid error, I know it's already entangled!) but they go in just fine. I haven't done any custom icons yet and am still looking for where to change the wisps on the mine to my treants when gathering.

It's too big to upload even if zipped, how do I get it to you?

Faust

Reaction score
I don't know. Upload it somewhere and give me the link ( don't even think about megaupload ).
Or just send me in e-mail [email protected]

Faust

Reaction score
Will do that next morning, I'm going to sleep soon.

Faust

Reaction score
I sent you the mail.

Apparently, you didn't do anything wrong. I guess it's just a wc3 editor bug. Maybe they fix it in a patch, I don't know.

I fixed it by changing the original wisp to your unit. I changed all the wisp's field to match your fel treant whatever.
Now there is no message.

You have a bunch of huge imports, that's a bad thing.
You should work from the most already in-game resources. Including abilities. If you don't use night elves, you can just edit most of their stuff.

So, there are two ways. You use the original wisp, and modify it to be your worker.
Second, there is a way I think which you can hide the error message found in the gameplay constants with. But then the error will never show, not even when it should. And the sound is also there, which is again replaceable, and you can trigger all the other error messages... perhaps. Too much work and maybe doesn't even work.
So go with the first one.

Rarktor

Reaction score
Weird, that's an odd bug for sure, my treant was based of the Wisp from the start. I do plan on using normal Night Elves on the map as well but it's not a problem. I'm aware of the mass to the imports and ok with it. Thanks a bunch for all your help!

Faust

Reaction score
>>but it's not a problem

Well, if you say so...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.