Every floating text on my map bugs!

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Okay this is really weird! If I set any floating text in my map, It bugs! I don't know the reason, but here is for example on good floating text trigger which works perfectly fine, but on my map it doesn't!

Trigger:
  • Exclamation Mark
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (PlayerColours[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + (! + |R)) above (Dying unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees

Baltazhar

Reaction score
In what way doesn't it work?
Displays a wrong color, doesn't display at all, crashes the game?

Crusher

Reaction score
It displays 1st floating text, but if i do fast deny on my creep, it will display half of the another floating text and it will dissapear faster!

Crusher

Reaction score
Please tell me how, I'm not familiar with floating text!

naughty

Reaction score
i don't get it. it should work perfectly fine. I have absolutely the same trigger in my map and it works fine...

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Okay this is really weird! If I set any floating text in my map, It bugs! I don't know the reason, but here is for example on good floating text trigger which works perfectly fine, but on my map it doesn't!

Trigger:
  • Exclamation Mark
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (PlayerColours[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + (! + |R)) above (Dying unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees

Throw away the 3 functions at the middle : permanence, lifespan, fading age.

Crusher

Reaction score
I've tried that, but It doesn't display floating text at all!

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Use local variables to fix it

That shouldn't be needed because this all happens instantly, he would have to use the trigger again faster than the actions are performed, which seems unlikely. The trigger looks fine, you probably have another trigger somewhere that messes with it or something.

Asdfblah1

Reaction score
Try using create floating text at point
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads TEXT at Temp_Point with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)

Crusher

Reaction score
Try using create floating text at point
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads TEXT at Temp_Point with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)

This doesn't work either. Also this is one of the most confusing question here as I see right now :(.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.