Fatal Error Caused By...

Tinesthia

Reaction score
While testing my map and adding stuff I started getting this repetitive fatal error less than 1 second into gameplay. I searched for, and found the triggers that are causing it... I don't exactly understand why.

Set zPgrp = (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))
Player Group - Pick every player in zPgrp and do (Unit - Create 1 Copter for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) facing 90.00 degrees)
Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_zPgrp)

It doesn't seem to like the Player Group - Create Unit trigger. If I remove it everything works fine. I tried it under Map Initialization Event, and Time Elapsed: .25 seconds Event. Didn't work.

Tinesthia

Reaction score
When I do...
Unit - Create 1 Construction Copter for (Player 1 (red)) at ((Player 1 (red)) start location) facing 90.00 degrees)

It works. However, it won't in my Pick every player in...
So i'll try what you said, and also I'll try doing a seperate if statement for each player to check whether they're playing and see.

Tinesthia

Reaction score
Fixed

Sorry for the errors, my keyboard is skipping keystrokes.. anyways. I replaced the bad triggers with.

For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 1 Copter for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing (Random point in (Playable map area))) else do (Do nothing)

...and it works fine. Didn't change the Copter unit or anything. Thanks.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Yea, it probably messed up because you selected several different players and wanted to give them one unit. (Like, to share - If I got it right. :p)
Glad to hear it works allright. :)
Also, for the future. You should wrap CODE around your triggers. There's a button above the white window where you type, when you write your posts that looks like this symbol: # -Click it to get the CODE tags.

Code:
    Actions
       Game - Looks like this ^^

Easier to read triggers that way.

Tinesthia

Reaction score
Roger, will do...

Code:
Who doesn't like code?

Thanks - Just read another topic where someone else was getting told the same thing :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.